About the Team:
It's an exciting time in technology, and that buzz is felt throughout PetSmart! We are continuing to grow at a faster pace and we want tocontinue to provide best-in-class experiences for pets and pet parents. Our IT TEAM has 4 different departments: IT Solutions, IT Service Delivery, Business Enablement, and Commerce & Customer Engagement. Whether it's online or in our stores, the work that the IT team does is instrumental in PetSmart's success. We have a strategic and actionable plan underway and are looking for associates who are just as excited about it as we are.
About the Job:
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER – IT OPERATIONAL READINESS AND TRANSITION
PetSmart is looking for an experienced Senior Project Manager for IT Operational Readiness and Transition who will be responsible for ensuring our operational readiness activities are planned, developed and executed in accordance with the operational readiness transition framework and within project and program timelines; resulting in a smooth transition into live operations. This role will be accountable for working with cross-functional teams to plan and oversee operational readiness activities as well as oversee communication, schedule and risk.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable for the IT operational readiness and transition of highly complex, cross-functional projects impacting the enterprise.
- Plan and oversee IT operational readiness and transition activities ensuring they are managed within the project budget, and in accordance with timelines and quality criteria.
- Creation and implementation of the IT operational transition plans.
- Identify operational readiness activities and tasks throughout the project life-cycle.
- Provides guidance for determining required project deliverables (templates) and milestones for IT operational readiness.
- Engage and manage stakeholders effectively, resolving issues and understanding drivers/needs.
- Partners with Program Manager, Solution Managers, Application Leads and Technical leads throughout project life-cycle.
- Build and establish effective relationships to elicit information from key individuals internally and externally.
- Anticipate risks, drive contingency planning, and resolve roadblocks.
- Demonstrate abilities as a team leader; lead teams to create an atmosphere of trust.
- Provide guidance to a team of associates, Analyst, QA and Development team members.
- Develop strong relationships within IT and the business.
- Develop vendor partnerships supporting project delivery.
- Adapt to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines.
- Defuse tension among project team should it arise.
- Accountable for scope, schedule, and communication management.
- Participate in Project Leadership meetings.
- Minimum 10 years' experience with industry standard retail applications, leading the implementation of highly-complex systems and business capabilities.
- Bachelor's Degree required, in Computer Science or related field preferred, and 10+ years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills.
- Proficient in project management discipline and tools; Jira, Confluence, MS Project, MS Office Suite.
- Service Transition experience preferred.
- Large cross-functional retail services experience preferred.
- PMP, CSM or other certifications with demonstrable application desired.
About the Culture:
Our home office offers outstanding amenities in a fun and rewarding workplace including:
- Pet friendly environment, bring your pets to work!
- A work-life balance and family events such as movie nights, art events and holiday festivals
- "Top Dog" gym with equipment, fitness classes, massage therapists and personal trainers
- "Sit & Stay" Café serving fresh breakfast and lunch options
- Starbucks cart—productivity at its finest!
- "Lil' Paws" learning center and onsite daycare facility
- Volunteer events with PetSmart Charities