The Boeing Company is seeking a Service Technical Analyst in Seal Beach, CA. This position supports customers on a 24/7 basis and operates on a variable shift and rotation schedule. The incumbent will travel to integrate with customers, suppliers and other organizations. The Service Technical Analyst will work within the 24/7/ 365 Operations Center Team that provides airplane and customer support, which includes team members working non-standard shifts in the 24 hour day and a nonstandard week, including holidays.
- Applies broad knowledge of Boeing design and/or engineering principles to develop engineering solutions that produce interim and final, safe, timely, high quality engineering solutions for technical in-service items that cannot be resolved by the customer.
- Communicates directly with customers to understand customer problems and underlying issues.
- Communicates customer's perspective to other organizations.
- Communicates with other organizations to facilitate resolution and/or escalation of issues and to seek information.
- Develops and provides technical briefings for management, customers, and product support personnel.
- Conducts research on product issues including analyzing drawings, online data, past performance information, and other engineering resources, etc.
- Included in the position is analyzing and conducting failure analysis, troubleshooting to determine root causes, and recommending solutions to complex in-service issues.
- The analyst must have the ability to recognize reported problems and communicate deviations that could impact design intent and safety; recommend and manage resolution.
- Develop and implement product process improvements; identify deviations that could impact design intent and safety and product process improvements.
- The analyst will provide written dispositions for design non-conformances, develop routine customer correspondence for continued safe operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Identify and analyze fleet data, collect and evaluate data on customer findings for product process improvement opportunities that may include recurrent product support issues.
- The analyst provides subject matter expertise when supporting Material Review Boards, Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), Model Integration Teams (MIT), and design reviews.
- Develops interim and permanent structural repairs to restore damaged structure to original design strength capability; troubleshoots to resolve system issues; represents the engineering community in the build through post production environment ensures supplier and build partner compliance with Boeing standards.
- The analyst also participates on on-site disabled product repair teams and accident investigation or support teams.
- Analyzes damage repair or structural modification to determine appropriate jacking and shoring, prevent collateral damage, and assures a safe work environment.
- Coordinates collaboration amongst multiple support groups working together on solutions including external suppliers.
- In addition the analyst develops and implements technical training curriculum for internal or external customers; assists in the development and maintenance of group performance metrics and leads efforts that drive customer self-sufficiency and possesses an airplane and customer first attitude that results in an excellent customer experience every time.
- Represents the perspective of the air carrier engineering and maintenance disciplines within the design and Fleet Support community to ensure the development of supportable products and timely resolution of in-service issues for the company product customer.
- Considers and addresses the business and operating constraints of these disciplines against other design factors when evaluating design decisions.
- Consults with customer engineering, flight, and other operations and maintenance personnel, simulator manufacturers, other suppliers, and regulatory agencies to identify, define, and facilitate the resolution of a wide variety of technical problems in the operations and support system for customers.
- Provides interpretation of the regulations pertaining to Air Carrier Operations and Maintenance with design engineers and management in order to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Advises design engineers on human factors relating to aircraft maintenance tasks to minimize risk of injury and/or human error during maintenance and operations of the aircraft.
- Represents the perspective of air carrier operations and maintenance disciplines within the design and Fleet Support community to ensure the development of supportable and maintainable aircraft/systems and timely resolution of in-service issues.
- Provides practiced knowledge of customer maintenance and operations during the resolution of in-service fleet technical and operational issues. Evaluates Airplane Programs' requests for advanced troubleshooting research on emergent airplane technical issues.
- Surveys and audits customer technical operations and makes recommendations to improve customer maintenance processes.
- Provides guidance, influence and assessment of aircraft and systems designs for flight and maintenance crew indicators.
- Contributes to the development and periodic revision of flight, maintenance and operational deliverables.
- Travels for work 25% of the time.
Relocation assistance available, based on Eligibility
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills & Experience):
- Minimum Bachelors Degree
- Experience working with Customers and Suppliers
- Experience utilizing and following detailed work instructions, reading and interpreting blueprints, drawings, or specifications.
- Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) license or an engineering degree or equivalent experience.
Desired Qualifications (Preferred Skills & Experience):
- 787 Experience and/or other wide body experience is desired.
- Preferred candidate will have experience in any, or all of the following: Airline Management, Aviation Engineering, Airline Maintenance Operations or Airport Operations.
Typical Education/ Experience:
Bachelor's degree and typically 10 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 8 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.