Service Tech Lead - LSS
5 - 7 years experience •
You will be responsible for the quality of service provided to our customers, ensure that Vallen associates are following standard operating procedures and that assigned HTS technicians are being properly trained and utilized. You will lead small groups or on-site service centers within areas of expertise. You may be responsible for interacting with customers to coordinate job activities. You are also responsible for all reports (TWS) and documentation associated with assigned tasks are completed accurately and timely. You may be responsible for parts and equipment request for jobs and the maintenance of inventories related to jobs and maintenance orders. You will need to understand regulatory standard pertaining to assigned duties; i.e. State, OSHA and NFPA regulations. You will assist in shipping and receiving as needed supporting the team. You may have to lead other technicians.
Vallen is an industry leader in delivering flexible supply chain solutions and services along with a comprehensive range of maintenance, repair, operating, production, safety and electrical products to meet the growing supply needs of customers in facilities across North America and around the world. Vallen is headquartered in Belmont, NC and is a subsidiary of Sonepar USA, part of the global Sonepar family.
Working at Vallen
At Vallen, we are committed to the success of our customers and our co-workers and do what it takes to get the job done right. We work diligently to improve and drive results that create value. We’re hands-on, responsive and team-oriented. We apply our insights, experience and relationships to find the best solution to every challenge. We hold ourselves to be personally accountable to do what we say we will do.
Qualifications & Benefits
- Minimum 6 Certifications (manufacturing/state) ) in a fire protection related field
- NICET II Waterbased Systems Inspection, Testing & Maintenance & RME-I + 6-7 years exp and/or
- Fire Alarm & Ext A Texas State License + 6-7 yrs.
- Mechanically inclined
- Advance communication, initiative, and problem solving skills
- Experience in the installation and/or maintenance, repair and service of life safety systems and equipment.
- Advance industry segment knowledge.
- Maintain minimum productivity of 90% within 60 days.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage a Customer Acct or Project.
- Ability to repair and service equipment sold by Vallen
- Current Motor Vehicle License with good driving record.
- Commercial Driver’s License required if carrying loads of hazardous materials.
- Proficient with hand tools.
- Able to complete repairs and maintenance of equipment in a timely and accurate manner.
- Able to provide assistance, advice and training to Vallen and plant personnel.
- Assist warehouse personnel with order fulfillment if needed.
- Keep all certifications and licenses current and renewed by completing continuing education as required.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend English (operational, process and quality instructions).