Hexagon is a global leader in digital reality solutions, combining sensor, software, and autonomous technologies. We are putting data to work to boost efficiency, productivity, quality, and safety across industrial, manufacturing, infrastructure, public sector, and mobility applications.
Our technologies are shaping the production and people-related ecosystems to become increasingly connected and autonomous — ensuring a scalable, sustainable future.
Hexagon’s Mining division solves surface and underground mine challenges with proven technologies for planning, operations, and safety.
Hexagon (Nasdaq Stockholm: HEXA B) has approximately 21,000 employees in 50 countries and net sales of approximately 4.6bn USD. Learn more at
Purpose of Position:
Hexagon’s Mining division Service & Support (S&S) team is responsible for the positive outcomes of client projects, implementations, and ongoing support. The S&S Director is responsible for overseeing all services, support, and projects within the region, in conjunction with the Project Management team. The role will work closely with our Regional Sales Team, Global Business Unit, and Functional teams as we provide best-in-class customer experience for all of our clients. The role is required to drive Hexagon’s Mining division “The Power of One” strategy around Life-of-mine partnerships for smarter, safer, and more successful mines. This role oversees all Service & Support in regard to all of Hexagon’s Mining division solutions which can be found at
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Work with the Regional Leadership team to define a multi-year strategy based on corporate’s priorities.
- Develop and implement Service & Support Strategy
Leadership / Management:
- Drives regional revenue growth and profit contribution.
- Manages and provides leadership for the Service & Support team; 3- 4 direct reports with around 20 team members.
- Manages 3rd party contractor agreements and relationships to assist in delivering projects and services.
- Manages services and support process within global framework and governance matrix.
- Works with Global Business Units and Technology & Innovation teams to drive customer success and value based on customer and regional needs.
- Collaborate with other Hexagon Divisions as necessary to execute regional and corporate strategies.
- Manage resource utilization and employee retention.
- Establishes strong relationships with clients and partners in the region – from technical teams all the way to executive client relationships.
- Working with the Global and Regional Teams to ensure Hexagon is delivering value to the clients.
- Understanding the needs and opportunities of all clients.
- Working with Account Managers to ensure all issues and tickets are resolved in a timely manner.
- Identify business opportunities to improve the client’s experience.
- Identify client opportunities.
- Work with the Business Development team to qualify and close new opportunities.
- Work with the Account Management team to quality and close existing solution opportunities in clients – increase services and support revenue in existing customers.
- Collaborate with the Regional Sales team to ensure the correct scope of work, expectations, and pricing set for proposals.
Projects & Services:
- Works closely with the Project Management team to deliver customer projects in a timely and professional manner.
- Manages service delivery by utilizing industry best practices.
- Ensures customer success by achieving ROI on solution investments.
- Oversees in-field technical services addressing client issues.
- Work with internal Hexagon teams to develop, schedule and deliver professional training.
- Facilitate smooth handover from Implementation to Account Management and Support
- Oversees all regional support personnel issues and tickets.
- Manages reports, response times, and resolution times.
- Managers and reports on all customer SLAs and compliance with SLA.\
- Presents monthly and quarterly results to leadership with action plans.
- Reporting back to the regional team on results and metrics.
Knowledge and Experience - Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business-related field.
- 10+ years of experience in mining or other industrial industries.
- 10+ years of management experience leading teams.
- Project management experience leading large hardware and software projects.
- Successful track record building and maintaining a strong safety culture.
- Entrepreneurial individual with a proven ability to work autonomously and quickly adapt to change.
- Ability to multi-task and deal with time pressure in an unstructured environment.
- Strong presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Highly analytical with strong commercial and complex problem-solving skills.
- Ability to translate complex business issues into actionable solutions.
- Continuous improvement attitude with the ability and confidence to make recommendations and changes.
- Experience with any of the following digital systems: Salesforce, Gainsight, Replicon, Tableau/Power BI.
Knowledge and Experience - Desired:
- English is a pre-requisite; additional languages (e.g., French, Spanish) are highly desirable.
- Significant travel within the region. International travel outside the region may be required occasionally.
Hexagon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit discrimination against any job applicant based on protected characteristics.