Are you excited by complex and diverse challenges and do you believe in putting the customer first? With over 1000 customer facing colleagues distributed over the globe, our customers rely on us to help them select and use the right products to move science forward. Now is an exciting time to join our Genetic Sciences business where your expertise will help a diverse customer group to keep their instruments up and running, enabling them to focus on their critical research and other essential business activities.
What will you do?
- Analyze marketing data and business unit requirements to support buyer/planners in developing inventory plans based on historical demand, actual orders and sales forecast to optimize service, working capital and costs
- Partner with manufacturing, procurement and distribution teams across all value streams to ensure supply is available to meet demand requirements within the planning horizon using multiple ERP systems
- Monitor and prevent service spare part backorders. Monitor and track inventory levels and reconcile inventory variances using all available resources to identify root causes and supply possible solutions
- Create inventory plan based on input from demand planning and commercial functions (including new product introductions and end-of-life products)
- Identify possible future capacity constraints and bottlenecks in the supply base
- Improve and upgrade material planning systems and reporting.
- Understand and highlight capacity constraints and work collaboratively with teams on resolution across multiple global regions
How will you get here?
- Supply network and inventory planning experienced professional
- Three-plus years working experience in similar or related roles
- Knowledge of the life science or healthcare industries, products and market
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering, other business management discipline or related field; or equivalent years in experience
- Certification from APICS, certified in production and inventory management (CPIM), certified supply chain professional (CSCP) or lean is preferred
Knowledge skills and ability
- Demonstrated ability in working well in a global organization within Operations or Services supporting both internal and external clients
- Proficiency in SAP, Excel and other MS Office products
- Influential, charismatic, and data-driven, especially with decision makers and operational teams
- Demonstrated ability in managing multiple tasks within tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.