ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides customer technical support for customers within a specified geography/customer/market area. Responsible for developing an in-depth knowledge of the customer’s operation, PolyOne's extensive product offering and the expert processing of same.
- Identify technical opportunities with the customer which will ultimately grow the business profitably for both parties. Champion these projects internally. Be the voice of the customer.
- Technical lead for customer complaints. Works together with the customer and the internal support groups to resolve all customer complaint activities and to communicate the outcome to the customer.
- Attends electricaltrials, business meetings, customer DOE, OEM/customer reviews.
- Develops and maintains customer relationships that promote the well-being of PolyOne and the customer by creating and maintaining methods, practices and recommending products/services to better serve PolyOne's customers.
- Member of the in-field customer team of technical service/sales/marketing
- Develops in-depth understanding of the PolyOne business and economics since will be an active partner at the customer during new product and new market discussions MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. *LI-CB1
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Degree in a technical field of study, engineering or chemistry or minimum of 5+ years of equivalent work experience in a manufacturing environment providing direct customer technical assistance. Requires strong working knowledge of electrical and mold design/tooling including processing, troubleshooting, mold making and preliminary design assistance.
- Develops and grows an understanding and knowledge of PolyOne’s products
- Individuals in this position must have the ability to actively listen to customer and their opportunities, efficiently troubleshoot problems and implement solutions in a timely and customer focused manner.
- Must be fluent in English – written and verbal.
- Must have the ability to ask probing questions to truly understand product and market opportunities and to convey these customer technical requirements back to the internal organization in order to develop an approach and to implement a project which will be successful.
- Able to handle large quantities of projects and multi-tasking
- Strong project management skills
- Knowledge of statistical design techniques such as DOE for improved effectiveness at the customer during the running of trials
- Active team player since must communicate and work across all functions within PolyOne
- Computer skills
- Demonstrated analytical, verbal, and written communication skills.
- PVC experience is desirable, but not a requirement
- Strong interpersonal and persuasion skills that will ensure the inclusion of PolyOne products into the design and function of identified customer products Required Length & Type of Experience
- Three year minimum of related experience in plasticelectrical environment
- Experience with direct customer interaction
Required Certification, Licenses, Registration:
PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS: The characteristics listed below are representative of the physical and environmental demands required by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Requires standing and sitting for prolonged periods of time, talking and listening.
- Must be able to walk and use hands.
- Work varies from an office environment where the noise level is low to moderate to a manufacturing environment where the noise level is potentially loud.
- Position will require travel to customer and equipment supplier site locations.
CORE COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS: All individuals are expected to meet the standards of performance outlined in the PolyOne Core Competencies listed below as applied to the position.
- Principled - Acts in the best interests of the company; demonstrates behavior aligned with the PolyOne Code of Business Conduct; values and respects others; is reliable, consistent and a good role model.
- Achieving Results With a Sense of Urgency- Demonstrates high levels of initiative and a sense of urgency and responsiveness; consistently achieves measurable results; takes accountability for actions.
- Adaptability - Reacts positively to change; demonstrates flexibility and adaptability; proactively pursues continual learning and improvement.
- Interpersonal Skills- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing; listens effectively and clarifies information as needed; works well with others in a team environment across the organization knowing who to engage to achieve results.
- Problem Solving Skills- Effectively identifies problems by framing issues, leveraging data and ultimately developing and implementing solutions.
- Continuous Improvement & Process Focus - Actively engages in continually identifying ways to improve himself/herself as well as the business and utilizes tools and processes to ensure consistent, reliable, high quality results. We offer a competitive salary, incentive and benefit plan to eligible employees. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, spending accounts and 401(k).