Your responsibilities and tasks:
GEA North America, part of a global engineering group suppling process technology and components for sophisticated production processes in the food industry and various other end-user markets seeks a Sales Specialist for is large and growing US & Canada regional equipment service portfolio.
The Sales Specialist has the responsibility to promote and secure the sale of spare parts, repairs, field service, equipment upgrades and service level agreements for NAM equipment business. S/he is responsible for development and implementation of the group-wide sales strategy, ensures a coordinated customer approach, with counterparts in Service Sales Solutions to effect and realize joint opportunities.
The tasks and responsibilities for the role include:
- Work with the Director of Service Sales Equipment and other business areas to fine-tune and implement service sales strategy for area of responsibility
- Lead service sales activities, for area of responsibility and prioritize initiatives
- Coordinate service sales planning, forecasting and reporting for respective product group
- Work together with the new equipment / project sales teams to ensure coordinated sales approach.
- Identify opportunities for service sales
- Actively manage key customer accounts
- Operate in partnership with new equipment sales team to identify “up-sell” and “cross-sell” opportunities to maximize revenue and improve overall customer experience.
- Effect sales of GEA equipment services – North America; representing the company in a professional manner in the fields of spare parts, repairsand field service:
- Travel to potential and existing clients for the purpose of securing additional orders / agreements for spare parts, repairs, service projects, and field service. The customer visits shall include necessary presentations / demonstrations as required to enhance the sales opportunity and promote GEA.
- Actively promote smaller scale projects (Upgrades) and plant service level agreements.
- Assist with large project spare parts / repair orders – provide quotes, follow up and ensure the sale is executed in a timely manner.
- Participate in the negotiation of offers, quotations, and contracts (T&Cs)
- Develop the correct sales contacts / approach and final proposal in consultation with the appropriate GEA parties to offer the best value proposal to our customers.
- Use and implement sales tools — update frequently
- Participate in trade shows promoting equipment service sales activity along with new equipment sales.
- Provide market feedback (competition, trends, etc.) to equipment and solutions service sales management.
- Utilize all available GEA resources to generate sales — new equipment sales persons, field service technicians.
Must live in one of the following states: ID, MT, OR, WA, WY
Ability to travel up to 75%
Your profile and qualifications:
Communication requirements for the role:
- Internal customers: Employees, Director of Service Sales Equipment, Directors of new equipment sales, regionally responsible service management.
- External customers: customers, industry associations, consultants, agents, dealers.
- Must have excellent written and verbal skills, especially face to face meetings to convey, convince and negotiate service sales.
- 5 + years of service sales or capital equipment sales experience
- Experience working remotely & comfortable with frequent travel
- Familiarity with concept of service offerings and local market requirements of different customer groups a plus
- Excellent communicator, written and verbal, able to work with individuals (internal and external) across a wide range of levels, functions, brands and cultures
- Capable of implementing strategic service sales plan
- BS or equivalent in Engineering preferred
- Ability to travel up to 75% of time; some international travel may be required
Entrepreneurial and sales competencies, as demonstrated by:
- Proven ability to build and maintain close relationships and networks with customers (decision makers)
- The ability to gain high levels of trust from customers and to predict customer and competitor actions
- Naturally entrepreneurial with a clear drive and strong customer focus. Thinks strategically
- Expresses company values in his / her conduct
- Maintains composure and effective performance even under stressful conditions
- Demonstrates the will to succeed and accepts defeat as further development challenge
- Open minded and flexible to build on (optimize) proven success strategies
- Exhibits empathy and respect when dealing with subordinates, superiors and customers
- Enthusiastically supports company strategies and goals
- Ability to read and understand market trends and competitor developments and to adapt accordingly
- Strong commercial acumen to drive top line growth
- Ability to penetrate and develop new (unconventional) business
- Strong communicator at all levels
- Listens carefully, contributes own opinions in a constructive matter
- Prioritizes customer needs, establishes effective relationships with customers as well as internal stakeholders
- The ability to exert influence on internal and external customers by conviction, persuasion and negotiation
Education / Work experience:
Required education (e.g. university degree, apprenticeship): Bachelor’s degree, preferably in an engineering discipline (relevant experience with a demonstrated track record of success accepted in lieu)
Required languages: English
Other qualification / further education: Service or capital equipment sales experience in Service or engineering environment
Relevant work experience: 5+ years