If you are looking for a role that combines your technical skills, sales experience, and passion for customers, then we have an excellent opportunity for you. We seek a high energy, motivated technical sales professional to promote innovative solutions for current and potential customers!
Specific responsibilities for this position include:
- Manage and grow assigned territory or group of accounts through the sales of Carrier’s product offerings. Achieve annual sales and gross margin targets.
- Develop long term relationships and build partnerships with assigned accounts such as owners, contractors, and consulting engineers. Position Carrier as the preferred supplier of HVAC and building automation solutions and become a trusted advisor to owners, a technical design resource for consulting engineers, and a go-to partner for contractors.
- Perform take-offs and bid projects with the full spectrum of Carrier offerings. Drive specifications towards all Carrier offerings with assigned consulting engineers. Drive a preference for Carrier offerings with assigned owner accounts,
- Apply technical knowledge and experience to write project specifications, and tailor Carrier’s proposal to match the building specifications to provide value to the customer and favorably position Carrier.
- Utilize sales tools effectively (CRM, estimating software, etc.) to plan and document progress and increase business opportunities within accounts. Generate a high level of activity to feed the sales pipeline and manage opportunities to successfully move them through the sales cycle to close.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with internal staff to deliver quality results and ensure customer happiness. Develop relationships and collaborate with other Sales Engineers to improve branch business results.
- Act as the customers’ advocate in their interactions with Carrier to ensure they obtain the best value from our offerings.
- Attend and present at trade shows. Participate in professional organizations.
- Represent Carrier as a leader in local industry associations.
- Building Automation and/or HVAC Sales experience preferred with demonstrable knowledge in DDC control theory and HVAC systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to connect with customers at all levels, both on a technical and business basis.
- Proven ability to influence customer’s key decision-makers.
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be self-motivated to achieve annual goals and objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- Minimum of three years of building automation or HVAC controls sales experience or equivalent experience.
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or other federally protected classes.
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.