Working with both our Live Operations and Development teams, you will manage online services and bridgethe relationship between the dev who makes the games and the players who love them. You will be responsible to monitor, troubleshoot, tune and scale up our systems and services.
Sound like a match? Kabam Vancouver is looking for a Service Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join us!
In this role, you can expect to:
- Practice engineering for reliability and availability of game services utilizing Cloud infrastructure
- Work closely with Live Operations and Engineering teams on game reliability issues
- Act as front-line dev-support in an on-call rotation for live game issues
- Monitor and improve server performance and health
- Be a Final Gatekeeper for code releases and hotfixes
- Troubleshoot for Root Causes for service outages and issues
In order to be successful for this role, we are looking for:
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies and cloud infrastructure (e.g. GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Experience with Object oriented programming (e.g. node.js, C++, C#, Java)
- Experience with Scripting (e.g. Bash, Python, Ruby)
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Grafana, NewRelic, InfluxDB, Prometheus, Stackdriver and CloudWatch
- Knowledge of distributed Database systems (MongoDB, Redis)
In addition, it is nice to have
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong experience in dealing with applications at scale
- Back End / Server side software engineering experience
- Experience in working in a team of 10+
- Experience in Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience working on a RESTful API system
- Experience with Source control systems (e.g. Git, Perforce)
- Experience in performance profiling
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start the conversation with us.
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.