Trelleborg is a world leader in engineered polymer solutions for almost every industry on the planet. And we are where we are because our talents brought us here. By specializing in the polymer engineering that makes innovation and application possible, Trelleborg works closely with leading industry brands to accelerate their performance, drive their business forward—and along the way, shape the industry and progress that will benefit humankind in the exciting years ahead.
The Service PLUS Program is a key element of the Together 2025 Industrial Marketing Americas strategy. The Service PLUS Segment Manager is responsible for working cross-functionally to execute and refine the existing Service PLUS program strategy. Key elements of the strategy include:
- Triple sales of defined Service PLUS customers by 2025 by working with customers to identify and implement service solutions, implementing Service PLUS Centers and realizing the opportunities brought about through Walk the Line events
- Launch service innovations already in development (IntelliStok and "Seals On Wheels")
- Beginning a service innovation initiative leading to multiple launchable services by 2021
- Working with Marketing Companies to develop strategic paths to move growth customers up the value chain for services
Internal candidates may work out of any Marketing Americas US Sales office
- To lead a team of three direct reports (Service PLUS Program Managers, Service PLUS Industrial Engineer) and Service PLUS Center staff as centers are implemented
- To develop comprehensive business cases for service plus programs and Service PLUS Center implementations
- To actively promote Service PLUS capabilities with customers and with internal support staff
- To work collaboratively with Enterprise Information Systems and Supply Chain Management teams to design and implement service programs
- To develop and implement effective systems to monitor and report results of Service PLUS programs - topline and bottomline growth
- To manage the P/L of implemented Service PLUS Centers
- To develop and implement training systems that elevate the knowledge and skills of Sales Engineers to comfortably promote services to appropriate customers
- To oversee onboarding of new Sales Engineers and their knowledge of services
- To regularly monitor and respond to competitive advances in services
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in sales, marketing, business, manufacturing or a related discipline required; MBA preferred.
- Minimum Ten years of direct experience selling products and services required.
- Experience in manufacturing or distribution operations with P/L responsibility required.
- Experience with lean manufacturing concepts and value stream management desired.
- Experience integrating supplier capabilities into customer value streams desired.
- Ability to lead and facilitate a team; must be adept at influencing and motivating co-workers
- Ability to present confidently in front of customers
- Ability to interface effectively at all levels of the organization to develop solutions and ensure stakeholder buy-in
- Ability to plan and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project required