- Drive IT service management for the technologies, processes, information, productivity and related IT resources, within the domain space.
- Service Operations:
- Ensure IT services are delivered effectively, efficiently, per vendor contract scope, metrics are achieved and financial unit costs are industry competitive & meet the business warranty expectations.
- Assure all service assets (systems, applications, infrastructure, and tools) are current and operate within Service Level Agreements.
- Provide leadership in resolving highly complex problems and ensure they are resolved in a timely manner.
- Engage and manage the vendor to assure IT services are delivered per the defined contractual scope effectively and efficiently. This includes fulfilling user requests, resolving service failures, fixing problems, as well as carrying out routine operational tasks.
- Service Availability and Performance:
- Work across infrastructure and application teams (ECC, BI, APO, EDI, CRM, HCM) to assure availability, performance, and capacity planning, execution, and operations of SAP & related applications.
- Assure proactive, consistent performance, availability and resolution of problems of SAP and other core applications by monitoring, anticipate issues, applying advanced knowledge of cross-platform technologies & ability to come to good even when all facts are not known
- Service Transition:
- Changes to services and Service Management processes are executed based on the defined ITIL processes and are coordinated and delivered in a sustainable way.
- Ensure that newly developed services are transitioned into ongoing operations and that the operations team is prepared to run these changes via the defined Change Management process as per business expectations and service levels in a sustainable manner
- Continuous Service ImprovementFacilitating effective team interaction
- Re-align IT services working with the Performance Management team to the changing business needs by identifying and implementing improvements to IT services that deliver business outcomes.
- Design, develop and communicate key service improvements and successes with Key Business Stakeholders and IT Leadership.
- Ensure continuous improvement is objectively measured by a defined process managed by Performance management process.
- Support and actively participate in the problem management process.
- Managing the end to end service design.
- Others (considered as a plus): Financial Management
Years and Type of Experience
- 10 Yrs+ Work with Financial Accounting, Financial Planning & reporting landscapes which may include SAP ECC/SEM and Hyperion.
- 10 Yrs+ Work with partners to deliver solutions -- both onshore, near shore and off shore.
- 10 Yrs+ Experience across technical domains / applications that span IT systems landscapes.
- 10 Yrs+ Design, development and configuration experience with Functional and Technical spec development.
- 10 Yrs+ Knowledge of industry best practice methodologies for analyzing, defining and documenting the link between input business requirements and output technical solutions.
- 10 Yrs+ Experience in IT industry or equivalent technical, design, architecture and/or operational management experience (e.g., engineering) or technical competence gained in a highly complex and varied technology environment.
- Required experience in process development, documentation, and implementation -- development to service delivery.
- Required experience with programming and key applications (ERP, Reporting, Sales,)
Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Have a very strong understanding of process workflows and be highly effective in facilitating process and technical improvement efforts.
- Very strong at effectively prioritizing and executing tasks, even while under pressure
- Excellent self-motivation and self-direction.
- Delivery of mid to large scale systems.
- Experience in managing large ERP and highly integrated multi-application environments: SAP, APO, Netsuite, Workday, Hyperion Financial Planning
- Ability to work with incomplete requirement specifications, resolving ambiguities with the originating function.
- Ability to create a unified view of the capabilities of the applications and the ways in which functionality is exposed over them, developing a common language that facilitates the transition to an integrated environment.
- Maintain high level of domain expertise, keeping abreast of the developments within the applications / technology landscape, to ensure continued delivery to time, cost and quality in the face of both internal and external change.
- Ability to represent highly complex technical issues to a non-technical, senior decision making, audience.
- Must be able to respond effectively to rapid change, delivering appropriate solutions or alternatives to time critical milestones
- Required minimum Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Systems Engineering, Information Technology, Finance, BBA or relevant discipline.