The Service Manager is responsible for implementing and maintaining a successful maintenance program that includes maintenance, repair and improvement of the Mobile Solutions Mobile SPD Fleet for North America. This shall include the responsibility of keeping electronic documents through Sibel updated and current. This position shall provide reports on the Mobile fleet status and performance as requested.
- Work to maintain and increase Customer satisfaction as it relates to the Mobile Solutions SPD deployments.
- Plans and coordinates external and internal resources for all maintenance and repair activities of the Mobile Solutions fleet.
- Provide Customer and Technician support by utilizing technical knowledge to determine and/or identify the issues and propose solutions to resolve issues.
- Recommends and participates in the planning and implementation of improvement projects for the fleet.
Duties - cont'd
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Negotiates for the best terms possible with suppliers.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of, and makes necessary adjustments to, regularly scheduled preventative maintenance on the fleet.
- Plans and implements fleet and/or safety related continuous improvement projects.
- Analyzes unplanned downtime, develops corrective actions and establishes a proactive plan to reduce or eliminate future occurrences.
- Enforces and promotes the Preventive Maintenance Program and reviews effectiveness annually.
- Ensures all paperwork for planned and unplanned maintenance is completed properly and entered into Sibel.
- Maintains customer deployment documentation responsibility for deployed units and provides copies upon client request.
- Enforces safety practices such as Lockout/Tagout and proper use of PPE by him/her self and by all technicians in the department.
- Must be proficient in the requirements of the Mobile Solutions Installation Specialist position and shall be required to provide on the job training to the technicians in these roles.
- Contributes in a team effort by performing according to the guidelines outlined in the STERIS Code of Business Conduct, the GMP, Lean principles and other directives; supports the directives and decisions of higher level management and performs other duties as assigned.
- Promotes a team environment based on Safety, Quality and Productivity to meet the established goals set forth by the company.
- Other duties as assigned
- 8 years field service experience
- 2 years direct experience with Mobile SPD's or equivalent
- Proven ability to efficiently manage projects - 4 years
- Proven front-line customer management - 4 years