Manages and coordinates service operations strategies and activities within the Machine Division Service Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Manages Daily Operations of Machine Service Department
• Directly supervises Service Shop and Service Field leadership
• Coach staff and manage resources to achieve company goals in the areas of employee and customer satisfaction, market share, and profitability
• Responsible for annual budgeting process for Machine Service Department
• Collaborates in the development and implementation of organization policies, practices, procedures, and attainment of operating goals
• Responsible for Contamination Control standards in the Machine Service Department
• Responsible for leading all safety initiatives and is accountable for safety performance in the Machine Service Department
• Responsible for recruitment and retention of departmental staff.
• Assigns, or delegates responsibility for, specified work or functional activities and disseminates policies and objectives to supervisors/staff
• Confers with subordinate supervisory personnel and comprehends staff reports and records to obtain data, such as status of on-going work or projects and projected completion dates.
• Maintains accurate schedule and up to date communication practices for all Service Shop work
• Manages Work In Process and Key Performance Indicators for all Field and Shop work orders, processes, and personnel and assumes accountability for meeting performance goals
• Demonstrates a positive and professional behavior, flexibility, and effective communication skills in their interactions with customers both internally and externally
• Manages Career Path and Learning Plans for departmental staff
• Responsible for Tool Room and accountable for proper utilization and care of all departmental assets
• Participates in on call rotation for Machine Service Department
Manages multiple employees and supporting managers in the Machine Service Department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service ; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university with 3 years’ experience; or five (5) years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.