Reporting to the Branch Manager or District Manager, is responsible for the full-range of service supervisory functions of an assigned group of technicians. Service Manager will assure operational excellence and safety in our service operations. Responsible for training and supervising an assigned group of technicians.
The Candidate we are looking for must be able to focus and demonstrate competence in these Key Areas:
- Effective recruiting, hiring, training, retention, performance management and development for direct reports.
- Maintain a safe workplace and ensuring compliance with safety requirements, including safety training and effective use of PPE.
- Effective communicator. Able to develop effective presentations.
- Demonstrate a positive role model while supporting company culture and vision, mission and values.
- Operational Excellence and Customer Satisfaction
- Meet established customer facing metrics (such as First Call completion, , Days to Complete, Response Time and Call Backs). Coach technicians on ways to improve these metrics.
- Increase technician productivity and increase team’s effectiveness in troubleshooting while decreasing the amount of call backs on service calls.
- Improve First Call Completion and Time to Complete
- Follow up with customers to ensure satisfaction and resolve complaints.
- Ensure accurate inventory.
- Ensure proper maintenance of service vehicles.
- Able to provide technical support to the technicians
- Create, review and follow up on quotes for service.
- Meet assigned financial targets for revenue
- 5-7 years demonstrated proficiency in a field service role
- Experience in commercial kitchen service
- Experience effectively managing customer relations dealing directly with customers
- Ability to effectively demonstrate productivity tools, i.e. Microsoft Office
- Achieve targets and goals with minimal supervision.
- Strong communication skills verbal and written
- Electrical and mechanical service experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Service product knowledge
- Ability to understand financial information such as margins, labor cost, mark-ups and expense control
- Working knowledge of similar ERP systems
- Customer Relations Management or Sales experience
- Associates degree in technical or business related field
- Prior supervisory experience
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
- Office and field environment
- Up to 25% overnight travel
- May be exposed to noise, heat, cold, slippery, wet conditions
- May be required to sit/stand/walk for extended periods of time
- May be required to lift 50-75 lbs ( with or without assistance)
- May be required to climb a ladder
- Driving company vehicles for extended periods of time
Hobart Service is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ITW and Hobart Service are committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for all employees. To demonstrate this commitment, Hobart Service is tobacco-free (including e-cigarettes) on campuses and within company vehicles and maintains a drug-free workplace.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please contact Human Resources at [Click Here To Join] to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.