Consumer Goods / Miscellaneous
The Service Manager is responsible for the oversight of the service department, including but not limited to: hiring, training, managing budgets, reports, general product knowledge and reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Displays product knowledge, education and company history
- To have a working knowledge of these items to train new associates
- To track associates within the department as to competency on these items
- To upper management in all respects in both written and verbal form
- Interdepartmental; between all departments
- Inner departmental; to your department associates
Oversees department budget:
- Purchasing supplies and maintenance: Requisition approval; Overseeing purchases; Tracking maintenance
- Tracks man-hours and overtime for associates in the department
- Calculates truck costs, maintenance and repairs
Utilizes computer systems and software:
- Overseeing data entry for the department on a daily basis with service work orders and service history on accounts.
- Managing all other programs as they relate to the department
- Schedules department staff and manages: attendance records, sick days, vacation, training, performance reviews, and filling in when necessary
- Upholds company image and policies
- Training service department members in the following:
- Appropriate wardrobe, attitude, verbal/written skills
- Installation, service, and delivery procedures
- Sales opportunities: developing leads and handling repeat sale items
- Tracks call-backs and follow-up procedures
Reports to leadership:
- Service and outstanding service reports are turned in by the fifth of the following calendar month
- Truck maintenance reports are kept monthly and reported at regular meetings
- All general maintenance and repairs for the building and service vehicles
Manages service employees and is responsible for the reports and budget of the entire department. This position requires delegation, time management, and good communication in all areas.
Education and/or Experience Previous knowledge and experience with service/plumbing is required. Some supervisory experiencepreferred.
Candidates must be able to:
- Lift up to 80 pounds
- Drive for extended periods (2-3 hours)
- Kneel/bend for extended periods of time
- Employee is subject to outside weather conditions and therefore could be exposed to a variety of elements
- Warehouse environment where temperatures are generally more moderate than outdoors
- House calls require sensitivity to the environment, diligent clean-up and customer consideration
- Company vehicles must be maintained and in good shape
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English
Must be able to be trained in our company software and general computer skills