When you’re the best, we’re the best. We instill an environment where employees feel engaged, satisfied and able to contribute their unique skills and talents. We provide extensive opportunities for personal and professional development, building both employee competence and organizational capability to fuel exceptional performance now and in the future.
This position is responsible for leading the Vizient’s sourcing process for non-medical and facility operation categories for Kaiser Permanente through significant collaboration with the KP Procurement & Supply team and relevant client stakeholder committees. This role includes facilitation of in-depth strategic sourcing of products and professional services categories appropriate for contracting through identification of category cost drivers, client utilization analysis of trends, requirements and scope development and planning of the sourcing strategy.
Conduct comprehensive reviews of client spend, utilization trends, market research, informatics and benchmark data that lead to generation of strategic sourcing options for the client. Additionally, this position will be the key focal point for managing necessary resources to commence sourcing and solutions development. Significant collaboration with internal colleagues to best accommodate client needs and delivery of high value will be required.
Reporting outcomes to various stakeholder committees is an integral function of this position requiring polished presentation skills and interfacing with various levels of client executives. The Service Line Director will have significant interaction with various members of the KP and Vizient team on a daily basis. This interaction will include preparing negotiation summaries, analysis, and evaluating opportunities to achieve the most favorable position on cost savings, , service levels, and terms and conditions for the client. This position will report to the Vice President, Non-Medical Service Line.
• Formulates a clear vision and articulates steps to achieve the negotiation objectives for the assigned category. Interface with stakeholders in a manner that fully vets client needs and opportunities.
• Documents business, service and operational requirements necessary for request for proposal document preparation or direct supplier negotiation. Collaborates closely with the KP Sourcing Manager on negotiation strategy planning and assists with clarification with stakeholders to ensure requirements are defined for incorporation into the contract document.
• In conjunction with the KP Sourcing Manager, presents bid results to key customer stakeholder committees to seek approval of strategies, requirements and secure award decisions.
• Quickly comprehend the desired end-result, goals or objectives as communicated by executive management and determine the necessary operational tasks and procedural steps necessary to accomplish objectives.
• Able to create or interpret complex financial models that supportcontract recommendations. Ability to analyze financial data or operational reports and identify trends and patterns and recommend the proper course of action.
• Maintain timely achievement of all assigned sourcing initiatives ensuring activities adhere to all established policies and procedures and standards of business conduct.
• Adheres to all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to those identified within the Standards of Business Conduct and the Employee Handbook, as may be amended from time to time. Adheres to all applicable laws and regulations and the company's governance/compliance program.
• Responsible for reporting violations of the company's policies and procedures, Standards of Business Conduct, governance program, laws and regulations through the company's Help Line or other mechanism that may be available at the time of the violation. Assists with internal control failure remediation efforts.
• Becomes knowledgeable of internal control responsibilities through training and instruction. Responsible and accountable for internal control performance within their area of responsibility. Participates in the internal controls self-assessment process.
• Ensures concerns with internal control design or performance and process changes that impact internal control execution are communicated to management.
• BA/BS in business or related concentration; graduate degree, preferred
• Minimum of 5 – 7years of relevant experience
• Proven knowledge and experience in strategic sourcing, supply chain, purchasing or materials management. Knowledge of facilities-related, construction service, and purchased services categories used in a healthcare environment is a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment that requires quick turnaround and quality output.
• Solid knowledge of all MS Office Products.
• Builds customer confidence, is committed to increasing customer satisfaction, sets achievable customer expectations, assumes responsibility for solving customer problems, ensures commitments to customers are met, and solicits opinions and ideas from customers. This competency applies to both external and internal customers.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The Company is committed to equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender identity, ethnicity, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status or any othercategory protected by applicable law.