The Service Line Administrator-Acclaim is responsible for developing effective strategies and identifying, implementing, and executing tactics to result in a patient and family centered service line.
The Service Line Administrator will work in a dyad partnership with the assigned Service Line Medical Director to encompass the full continuum of care starting with hospital consult services, followed by addressing outpatient and community services.
- Manages all aspects of operation (i.e. administrative, business, clinical, etc.) for assigned program.
- Develops and executes a strategic plan to build the assigned service line at JPS.
- Prepares annual budget aligned with strategic organizational goals and initiatives. Investigates, evaluates and implements expertise in cost management from diverse sources such as multidisciplinary committees, finance department, articles, journals, other hospitals, vendors, senior management, nursing and medical staff. Develops and administers the operating, capital and payrollbudget to ensure that the department has the necessary funds to carry out the goals and objectives that have been established for the program.
- Selects, trains, supervises, motivates and evaluates assigned employees to ensure maximum utilization of individual and group capabilities, while providing optimal service to internal and external customers. Serves as a clinical resource to staff at community clinics.
- Manages and develops quality management practices that deliver effective and efficient services and ensure optimal patient outcomes.
- Acts an educator and service resource for practitioners, patients, their families, administration and other departments.
- Stays abreast of the latest developments, trends and advancements in the field by attending/teaching seminars or workshops, reading professional journals, maintaining appropriate licensing or certification and actively participating in professional organizations.
- Identifies and develops special projects that enhance the accessibility or quality of the service line including educational projects, Waiver projects, research, publications and staff recruitment.
- Works collaboratively with leaders who have accountability for assigned services across the care continuum to achieve goals established by the organization.
- Monitors financial, quality and service metrics of the service line throughout the system to assure goal achievement.
- Participates in activities to keep informed of services and providers in the community.
- Interacts effectively with others within the Hospital District, other outside agencies, and the community.
- Maintains timely, effective communications with organizational leadership regarding all events or proposed changes which might impact regulatory issues, policies or procedures.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized college or university in Health Services, Nursing, Public Health, assigned service line or related field.
- Training in LEAN philosophy with Green Belt certification or eligibility.
- 3 plus years management experience in a health care environment.
- 5 years overall management experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in a health related field with specialized training and experience in assigned service line from an accredited University.
- Care management certification.
Preferred Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Care Manager Certification for assigned service line from a nationally accredited organization.
Req #: 5986