You will be responsible and accountable to play an integral role in delivering service through cultivating relationships with key CU personnel and CU executives, developing and executing service account plans, managing and driving operational requests and projects to ensure timeliness, accuracy and quality. Manage operational problem solving in partnership with various internal and external organizational resources and is responsible to make sound business decisions that may be outside of established parameters. Functions as the credit union advocate and operational liaison to all PSCU departments to affect policies and procedures and short, mid, and long-term process improvements in business execution.
* Must be able to work the hours Monday - Friday 9am - 6pm PST. This can be a remote position*
- Maintain extensive knowledge of operational applications and systems used by their assigned credit union such as Visa, MasterCard, First Data, Member Connect, AccessPoint, Apple Pay, EMV, Google Wallet, Score Source and Evolve; understand the specifics on reports, enhancements and exceptions handling.
- Identify strategic operational opportunities that ensure client business objectives are met and performance metrics of payment portfolios are maximized.
- Deliver consultative support to identify, dimension, and solve multifaceted and often complex operational and product business issues as related to PSCU’s products/services.
- Establish, solidify and own strong operational account relationships that result in excellent client satisfaction scores as reflected in periodic surveys; act as primary consultant for credit union for operational initiatives and issue resolutions.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of complex payments regulations and how each relates to assigned credit unions. Interpret policies and operational practices.
- Maintain extensive understanding of contractual Service Level Agreements (SLA) requirements and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for all clients.
- Function as the client’s operational relationship consultant and act as their advocate, exercising discretion and independent judgment in resolving complex operational and product issues; making sound business decisions that may be outside of established parameters; demonstrating an appropriate sense of urgency and continually monitoring and communicating the status and/or resolution to the client in written, verbal and/or visual form.
Consult and advise with various partners, all PSCU business units and the client by providing ongoing communication between all parties to ensure timely resolution of the client’s operational needs.
- Independently evaluate courses of action through extensive research and analysis on complex high-monetary risk product/service requests ensuring client’s objectives are met, preventing potential financialliability and preserving positive client relationship.
- Deliver consultative guidance and operational direction on all various initiatives such as solution campaigns, product migration projects, global card portfolio modifications and communications on new and existing products, services, regulatory information, and account compromise events.
- Establish and manage client expectations with regard to complex system functionality, compliance and timeframes as well as keeping client apprised of significant operational system modifications or issues.
- Actively review client operational landscape and determine, develop, and implement new and creative approaches to drive strategic initiatives.
- Identify sales opportunities and partner with the Account Executive in the execution of new products and services.
- Function as client’s primary point of contact for issue escalation with PSCU and with all vendor partners.
- Partner with Account Executive in cultivating and preserving a positive account relationship. Assists with development of Quarterly Business Review presentations and participates in CU account plan review meetings.
- Interact positively and professionally in all interactions with PSCU staff, clients, and business constituents.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of payments regulations, e.g. Dodd-Frank, and how each relates to their assigned credit unions.
- Maintain current knowledge of payment industry trends and innovation, and PSCU products and solutions; maintain current knowledge of card, ecommerce, payments, and credit union industry related to Visa, MasterCard, FDR, PSCU, and competitors
- In conjunction with assigned Account Executive, serve as liaison for product implementations, program start-ups, and de-converting credit unions other matters of significance as necessary; maintain an active role in all newly assigned account conversions onto FDR/PSCU Financial Services platform. Close working relationship with internal departments to ensure smooth and open communications.
- Seven (7) years in a client relationship role within the financial service industry required.
- Five (5)years direct sales, and/or service experience in payments industry required.
- Five (5) years credit union or bankingexperiencerequired.
- Payments processing system knowledge required.
- First Data Platform experiencepreferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or combination of education and relevant experiencerequired.