Lordstown Motors Corporation seeks to eliminate inefficiencies that exist in modern work by creating electric vehicles that radically improve the way work gets done. Cost effective for fleets, safer, and designed to be more productive than traditional commercial vehicles, Lordstown pickup trucks and fleet vehicles are built to fix challenges that limit modern work. Our mission is to create the leading electric vehicle epicenter in the region. This plant—combined with the legendary capability of the people who work there—is where we will build the work vehicles of the future. Join us to make a difference!
Culture – as a Startup, we are looking for Leaders that want to create an organization and structure where you can make an impact, have your voice heard, ambitious to step up to dynamic challenges and be accountable, like everyone else in the company, for your results.
The Service Engineering Manager will be responsible for working cross functionally with all engineering groups to ensure service needs are being met. The Service Engineering manager will continually evaluate the needs of the service team and recommend actions and solutions to ensure the service team will have the information and tools necessary to service the vehicle once it leaves the factory. This position is integral to building a collaborative, high performance culture and work team.
- Participates in design reviews to give input for design for serviceability and tool requirements for proposed designs keeping the best interests of LMC in mind
- Participates in change review meetings to develop coordinated service change release documents and evaluate costs
- Develop systems and manage Technical service Bulletins, Service Actions and Recalls.
- Track and report warranty trends
- Develop system and perform time studies and develop labor time guide
- Interface with service manual developers to ensure on time and accurate service manual release
- Manage and supervise assigned day to day work of Service Engineers and Supervisors.
- Determine, track, deliver, and report agreed key quality performance metrics.
- Ensure service manual is up to date and schedule releases
- Work cross functionally with all engineering groups to ensure service needs are being met
- Develop initial dealer parts release and maintained parts requirements list
- Develop and maintain dealer required tool list
- Work with engineering teams to reduce warranty expenses
- Assist design engineer is testing warranty return parts as needed
- Collaborate with strategic partners to support all service providers
- Lead validation of new tools with the Service teams and Service training
- Provide ad hoc service support to the field to support the Service organization Support process improvement activities and validation of repair procedures for accuracy (process, labor times, safety, etc.)
- Drive improvement in efficiency for service procedures without compromising quality and safety of the repair
- Validate special service tools prior to implementation to the field
- Design tooling solutions for campaigns and containment initiatives
- Any other duties as determined necessary by supervisor
- 7+ years of experience in Automotive
- BS in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience managing a program from beginning to end
- Experience creating and maintaining product specifications and CAD drawings
- Purchasing/Supplier Management experience
- Ability to travel as needed
- Experience working in start-up environments
- Knowledge of commercial automotive tools and equipment
- Knowledge of EV Powertrains and HV systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Robust knowledge and experience of analytical and problem-solving tools.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge and experience of Lean Manufacturing methodologies is highly desirable.
- Strong team builder, interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to work in a self-directed environment required