Position Summary and Responsibilities
Represents the company to customers by providing diagnostic aid, safe repair and installation assistance of company products.
- Provides technical direction and diagnostic assistance to customers and technicians on resolving complex application difficulties and unusual instrument failures by communicating with them via telephone of up to 20% of their time.
- Analyzes, troubleshoots and repairs, technical problems of broad product line where an understanding of total instrument use is required by repairing instruments returned to the factory for service as well as traveling, up to 50% of the time, to remote sites to facilitate the installation, provide system training and repair at the site of installation.
- Provides service training to Isco service individuals, customers domestic representatives and export dealers by conducting service seminars.
- Performs alpha testing (in-house testing) of new software revisions prior to beta testing or final release.
- Expedites repair of instruments by preparing diagnostic quotation or estimates.
- Communicates with export service individuals by assisting them in solving their instrument and application difficulties.
- Comply with engineering change requests by installing modifications on instrumentation returned for repair.
- Initiates requests for necessary supplies and support materials by providing this information to the Service Manager.
- Assists in achieving the company goals by performing other duties as assigned.
Demonstrated ability to test, troubleshoot and repair electronic instrumentation usually acquired with the Associates Degree in Electronics Technology and three or more years in a similar position.
Requires excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively with customers and associates on a professional level, exercising tact and discretion.
Physical and/or Mental Demands:
Requires frequent fingering, grasping, feeling talking, hearing and repetitive motions. Requires occasional stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling and lifting.
Work is heavy with lifting of instruments that weigh up to 45 pounds.
Worker is subject to inside environmental conditions and exposed to some hazards such as high voltage, ultraviolet light and corrosive chemicals.
Work Requires constant visual ability.
Requires the mental ability to synthesize, coordinate and compile the measurements and observations made while logically troubleshootingdigital and analog electronic circuitry.