Job ID: KAV002021
KaVo Kerr is a cohesive organization comprised of two global leaders, united to provide dental excellence and serve as a single premier partner for the dental community. KaVo Kerr operates with a common vision inspiring and helping our customers, their patients and our own associates realize their potential. KaVo Kerr offers solutions for endodontics, restoratives, treatment units, infection prevention, imaging, rotary and instruments.
The primary function of this position is to be the subject matter expert in thesupport, structure, and documentation of KaVo Equipment for Customer Care. This position will be the liaison between the Service BU and R&D Engineering, Product Management, Technical Documentation, and Operations teams to create the proper customerexperience and manage product and legacy transitions for Customer Care. The Service Engineer will represent Customer Care as the primary resource for New Product Development projects, quality and sustaining engineering projects, technical document requests, engineering change orders, and service part updates.Essential Duties andResponsibilities:
- Represent Customer Care and be the Voice of the Customer on New Product Development.
- Maintain and improve technical documentation used by the Service BU.
- Drive engineering change orders from submission through completion for Service projects.
- Work on continuous improvement projects.
- Work with product management to determine and execute the proper service kits and spare parts available for sale.
- Train technical support on product changes as needed.
- Support end of life legacy projects through documentation and execution.
- Plan, scope, and execute tasks through project management skills.
- Design the customer experience and implement sustainable processes to achieve that experience.
- Partner with customer care leadership to disseminate design or service improvement notifications to affect internal and external stakeholders.
- Collect data on assigned product platform and provide service reports to management.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by supervisor/manager.
Most Important CompetenciesRequired:
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Leadership – Must be able to inspire others to act on key initiatives. Brings out the best in people.
- Technical Aptitude – Must be able to address complex issues related to the assigned product lines.
- Problem Solving – Must be able to determine the root cause of issues and provide comprehensive solutions to complex problems.
- Process Focused – Ability to consistently follow complex processes and assist with the development and implementation of processes.
- Change Agility – Ability to quickly adjust to change.
- Teamwork – Must be willing and able to work closely and effectively with other departments, peers, etc.
- Ability to influence others – Must be able to inform, convince, and persuade others to act on initiatives or to provide assistance.
- Results orientation – Must consistently deliver results.
- Communication – Must be able to effectively communicate in both written and verbal forms. Maintains a two-way dialogue with others on work and results.
- Professional Work and Detail Orientation – Must have excellent attention to detail, and all work must be at a high level of professionalism.
- BS degree in Engineering.
- 5+ years’ experience working in manufacturing, design or technical engineering fields.
- Project management experience.
- Dental industry experience.
- Technical Support and Field Service Delivery experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.