Service Division Manager
A Service Division Manager is responsible for leading and managing a team of project managers, assistant project managers, superintendents and service technicians to deliver exceptional results for our clients. The division manager is a senior level position, and is expected to identify, propose, manage, and close construction service projects that generate profits for HITT. The Service Division Manager is ultimately responsible for the long-term planning growth, development and sustainability of the market sector. In addition to the overall responsibility of the sector the position requires oversite and responsibility of the team members as they perform in their respective roles the day-to-day project execution, project controls, cost accounting, risk, and business management of particular projects. As a leader, the Service Division manager should lead by example and personify The HITT Way.
- Coaches, trains and educates junior operations team members.
- Lead the hiring process of team members.
- Participate in team member employment termination decisions.
- Policies and procedures – absorb and enforce corporate policies and procedures.
- Lead, manage and support the Sector teams in pursuit of work, contract execution and financial management.
- Sustain existing client relationships and develop new client relationships.
- Gather data, interpret it into meaningful information, and relay that information through clear, concise communication strategies; Must be able to develop and execute long-term strategies.
- Risk Management – proactive in identifying and mitigating contract and project risks.
- Financial – produce constructionbudgets and estimates; responsible for cost management throughout the life of the project.
- Understand and interpret financialreports.
- At least seven years of experience at a commercial construction general contractor or in related position.
- Four-yeardegree from an accredited university preferred: Construction, architecture, engineering or business concentration is preferred
- Has previously lead a team or division within an organization.
- Service industry/division experience is highly preferred.
- Has successfully led a team that has executed a high volume of smaller service projects on an annual basis.
- Experience in process management, GPS trackers for fleet is desired.
- Strong business development skills are required.
- Positive attitude & passion – exhibits a can-do, positive attitude and passion for construction and service.
- Self-motivated and proactive – takes initiative and seeks responsibility.
- Must be growth oriented.
- Client Relationships – able to Time Management – understands and knows what tasks are more important than others and what needs to be solved immediately and what can wait; helps others prioritize.
- Respectful – is punctual, engaged/focused, and respectful of others.
- Software proficiency – able to adapt to and become proficient in sector/project-specific software systems
- Microsoft Office suite (ex. Excel, Word, Outlook, Dynamics, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Procore and JD Edwards experiencepreferred
- Scheduling (ex. MS Project, SureTrak, Primavera 6, etc.)
- Adobe and/or BlueBeam
- Communication – Good communications and presentation are required