Looking for an opportunity with a dynamic, fun, and goal-oriented company? We’re growing quickly and we’re looking for some not-so-typical talent to join our team.
Progress Residential® is one of the largest providers of high-quality, single-family rental homes in the United States. With more than 65,000 homes across some of the fastest-growing markets, our residents appreciate the flexibility, freedom, and convenience of living in a single-family home without the obligations of home ownership.
Progress is committed to making the home rental process easy and enjoyable for the 100,000+ residents we serve by empowering our team members and investing in innovative systems and technology. Our portfolio has continued to grow substantially the past few years and we see increasing demand for professionally managed single-family rental homes and anticipate continued growth.
The Service Director is a member of the Property Management team with the primary responsibility of providing direction and oversight for all make ready processes, resident service requests and asset preservation programs with the overall goal of meeting key metrics including resident service satisfaction, make ready turn time, quality and adherence to company budgeting guidelines within their assigned Metro Service Area (MSA). This position provides leadership and daily management over an assigned area and team responsible for single-family rental homes and the residents who occupy them.
Developing Direct Reports & Others
Managing & Measuring Work
Developing Effective Teams
- Review Make Ready and Service reports and use information to develop an action plan for discrepancies or opportunities to improve
- Oversee all market make ready and service procedures utilizing all available management tools
- Administer a quality control program and reporting system
- Ensure all assigned rent ready units meet quality control guidelines
- Oversee service request response times and quality of service provided
- Administer a training program for associates on newly developed processes, procedures and implement corporate initiatives
- Ensure timely completion of all vacant home make-readies
- Responsible for cost control on vacant home make-readies, service requests, and all maintenance related tasks
- Comply with the Company’s national procurement policy and program
- Manage semi-annual home inspection program to improve resident satisfaction, minimize asset deprivation and maximize length of resident
- Oversee a follow up procedure for resident service request to ensure satisfaction with the work completed
- Oversee tracking and reporting of all make ready and service teams
- Ensure all properties are compliant with local, state and federal health and safety codes
- Oversee all vendor management procedures and onboarding
- Direct and oversee all emergency after hours service procedures and scheduling
- Direct and provide support for the Make Ready and Service Managers
- Ensure all fleet management policies and procedures are followed
- Oversee all training programs for make ready and service teams
- Oversee special projects as needed and assist in deployment of "Pilot Programs" designed to increase efficiency through change management.
- Supervision of staff, set goals and holds associates and vendors accountable for results
- Develop a team and is focused on succession plan within group
- Ensure that associates all have goals and receive regular feedback on their performance
- Ensure that all required training is completed in a timely manner
- Ensure that workplace safety standards and practices are always upheld
- Performance management of personnel including, reviews, corrective action, mentoring, development plans and performance improvement plans
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- 7 or more years’ experience as a Maintenance Supervisor or Regional Maintenance Supervisor
- Experience in managing multiple team members over a large geographic region
- Extensive knowledge of Plumbing, Electrical, HVAC, Flooring, Appliances, Landscaping and Irrigation Systems as they relate to single family residential homes
- Knowledge of general building codes and rental property health and safety regulations
- Excellent oral and written communication with the ability to work efficiently and prioritize workloads
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be a customer service centric team leader
- Possess a valid Driver’s License issued by the working state
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include some weekends
- Bi-lingual a plus
- Experience in Excel, Word, Salesforce, Outlook and Yardi Voyager preferred.
- Standing, walking, and/or sitting for extended periods of time
- Frequent climbing, reaching, and use of fingers
- Moderate stooping, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling, lifting, talking, and hearing
- Sustains substantially recurring movement to fingers, hands, wrists, legs, and feet
- Ability to judge distances and spatial relationships
- Ability to identify and distinguish color
- Ability to distinguish the differences or similarities in odors
- Ability to lift and/or move 100 pounds or more
- Ability to use standard maintenance equipment
What you can expect from us:
Progress Residential® offers all the financial and non-financial incentives you would expect from an innovative real estate investment and management firm:
- In addition to outstanding training, we host quarterly summits and town hall meetings to encourage growth, knowledge sharing and a good time. After all, it’s about progress, not perfection.
- We offer competitive compensation, including a performance-based bonus.
- Our generous benefits package includes comprehensive healthcare coverage for you and your family, parental leave, paid time off, 9 paid holidays and much more.