- Collaborates with other Service Directors / Chiefs of Service in identifying and implementing innovative models and best practices, emphasizing service improvements and cost reduction.
- Directs development and implementation of quality and utilization standards across the continuum of care to ensure coordinated plans of treatment, customer focused delivery of services and cost effective utilization of necessary services. Ensures compliance with administrative, legal and regulatory requirements of the Health Plan contract and governmental and accrediting agencies.
- Oversees the development of department standards as identified by regulatory agencies. Develops services that achieve a high level of customer satisfaction with emphasis on customer service, highest standards of quality and innovation. Manages and resolves human resource, labor relations, employee and department safety and risk management issues. May act as site administrator.
- Utilizes research data to implement clinical changes and the delivery of patient care and member services. Directs the budget and resource allocations. Manages the financial performance and identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care and services.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum five (5) years of management/program leadership experience required.
- Bachelor's degree required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of The Joint Commission, and other local, state, and federal regulations.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in an outpatient care setting.
- Master's degreepreferred.