This position is responsible for the direction and leadership of the Service Desk Section of the IT Support Department within Information Technology. Areas of responsibility include general roles supporting the overall IT Department and specific roles relative to the Service Desk Section including the following, with other duties as assigned by senior management.
- · Support or lead portions of department meetings; organize and lead section meetings.
- · Coordinate with other Department section managers and the Department Manager.
- · Interpret and establish policies, procedures, and strategic goals of the organization.
- · Support and assist in the development of a Department business plan.
- · Demonstrate creativity, foresight and judgment in anticipating and solving problems.
- · Determine departmental objectives and requirements, organize projects and develop standards and guidelines.
- · Recommend changes in the Service Desk Section and/or the IT Department structure and organization to achieve the objectives assigned to them.
- · Market Department and Section capabilities with higher focus on technical development functions and efficiency improvement to serve our clients, and increase staff skills.
- · Attend project meetings when requested by division.
- · Advance and develop Department tools and work flows to increase efficiency of designs, specification development, and project execution.
- · Provide administrative, supervisory and technical direction for Service Desk Section personnel
- · Set quality review assignments and perform quality reviews for Service Desk related projects.
- · Establish or review budgets and schedules for Service Desk related proposals.
- · Monitor progress on Service Desk related projects, and processes, and provide input into areas of concern and direction or redirection to enhance achievement of project schedules, productivity goals, budgets, and quality.
- · Assist Service Desk Section staff with project setup in MIS, coordinating with the client / team, handling billing / invoicing, change orders, project closeout, etc.
- · Assign work and review Service Desk Section staff performance to ensure quality and efficient, cost-effective utilization of staff.
- · Monitor and maintain development staffing levels, staffing loading, and staffing assignments to meet support requirements.
- · Recruitment, development, training and retention of Service Desk Section personnel.
- · Provide administrative, supervisory and technical direction for Interns assigned to the Service Desk Section including assignment of work, and other associated functions.
- · Participate in IT Incident Management processes via phone, e-mail, and video.
- · Provide after hours support as second level contact.
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or a related field.
- Minimum 7 years related professional experience in Information Technology support.
- Experience must include experience related to IT Support and call center operations. Previous management experience is preferable.
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to clearly and effectively present complex information to all levels of employees, management, and clients.
Position requires the ability to thoughtfully and positively influence, lead, and manage change. Must possess strong project management skills and a strategic perspective.
Must be proficient in the use of basic computer software (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint).