Are you a self-starter and love helping people? Here is a great opportunity for you to grow with a large and outstanding company. You can make a difference by leading the Service Desk support team.
Your primary role is to oversee the entire Service Desk staff and ensure that customers are receiving the appropriate assistance.
This includes the responsibility of managing all procedures related to the identification, prioritization, and resolution of PC requests, including the monitoring, tracking, and coordination of Service Desk functions.
You will also contribute to incident resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end users at the desktop level. This position reports into Service Delivery Team located in Louisville, KY.
- Manage the processing of incoming calls to the Help Desk via both telephone and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end user issues.
- Design and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and/or perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Monitor and test fixes to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Track and analyze trends in Service Desk requests and generate statistical reports.
- Assess need for any system reconfigurations (minor or significant) based on request trends and make recommendations.
- Identify, recommend, develop, and implement customer training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
- Oversee development and dissemination of help sheets, usage guides, and FAQ lists for customers.
- Oversee the development, implementation, and administration of Service desk staff training procedures and policies.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of help desk technology procurement and development efforts.
IT projects as Required
Yum! Brands, Inc., based in Louisville, Kentucky, has nearly 43,000 restaurants in 135 countries and territories and is one of the Aon Hewitt Top Companies for Leaders in North America. The Company’s restaurant brands – KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell – are the global leaders of the chicken, pizza and Mexican-style food categories.
Worldwide, the Yum! Brands system opens over six new restaurants per day on average, making it a leader in global retail development.
Since our spin-off from PepsiCo in 1997, Yum! Brands has become a truly global company going from approximately 20 percent of profits coming from outside the U.S. to almost 65 percent in 2015. We’re a leader in global retail development, opening on average over six new restaurants per day worldwide.
We’re proud to be the worldwide leader in emerging markets with nearly 17,000 restaurants, nearly twice as many as the nearest competition. With about 2.5 restaurants per million people in the top 10 emerging markets, compared to 57 restaurants per million in the U.S., we are on the ground floor of global growth.
Our goal is to continue to build three global, iconic brands that people trust and champion. We are evolving KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell into more relevant, engaged, connected and caring global brands.
We will focus on sharper brand positioning and insight-driven marketing programs by concentrating on these key areas: more product customization, more transparency, leading innovation and more engagement through social media and digital.
We also remain focused on the three keys to driving shareholder value: new-unit development, same-store sales growth and generating high returns on invested capital.
Importantly, we’re extremely proud of our associates around the globe and the unique culture we’ve built, one that’s filled with energy, opportunity, and fun. We believe in our people, trust in their positive intentions, encourage ideas from everyone, and have actively developed a workforce that is diverse in style and background. Yum! Brands is a place where anyone can, and does, make a difference.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
EXPERIENCE (and other qualifications):
- 4-6 years of experience providing technical desktop help desk and/or support services
- 3-5 years of broad experience working with a variety of different technology platforms, inclusive of hardware, software, desktop and network
- Knowledge of industry standards, best practices and audit requirements
- The ideal candidate will possess extensive experience supporting a wide-variety of hardware and software platforms, including: desktops, laptops, printers, peripherals, Windows 7 & 10, OS X, Active Directory, Microsoft Office 2013, Office 365 and mobile devices (iPhone/iPad, Android, Windows Phone)
- Demonstrated proficiency in using the Microsoft Office suite of applications including Microsoft Project, Visio, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- ITIL Foundation Certification
- Can work independently as a remote extension of a larger team.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Positive, flexible, and self-motivated attitude
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage time and multiple priorities
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills, ability to take a problem and solve it in a quick and efficient manner
- Ability to handle highly confidential information/materials
- Exceptional customer service skills and negotiation/influence skills in an executive-level environment
- Ability to grasps new materials quickly and apply new information, concepts and procedures in a constructive manner
- Ability to manage high stress, demanding situations
- 24x7x365 support availability in a team rotation schedule, excluding vacations is required