Summary: Meet Service Delivery commitments by leveraging technology service models (such as managed services, shared services and center of excellence (COE) services. This position oversees a team of knowledge experts to deliver technology and operational delivery to the larger Mercy Ships organization. This position will provide leadership and develop a culture of delivery excellence to our Mercy Ships customers.
Meet Service Delivery commitments by leveraging technology service models (such as managed services, shared services and center of excellence (COE) services. This position oversees a team of knowledge experts to deliver technology and operational delivery to the larger Mercy Ships organization. This position will provide leadership and develop a culture of delivery excellence to our Mercy Ships customers.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities (Include But Not Limited To)
To fulfill this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily:
- Oversee the service desk activities.
- Act as further escalation point for the service desk team.
- Take on a wider customer service role leading the way of good customer service practices.
- Develop and monitor key metrics and key performance objectives for the department
- Report to Service Delivery Manager on any issue that could significantly impact the business
- Ensure staffing and skill levels are maintained throughout operational hours.
- Arrange customer training and awareness sessions.
- Provide process guides and how to guides to the larger Mercy Ships organization including IS staff.
- Adhere with change management procedures.
- Provide Information to the Service Desk team on changes or deployments that may affect the Service Delivery.
- Assist Service Delivery team in providing first line support, support when workloads are high, or where additional experience is required.
- Insure the issue management system is operating effectively.
- Insure communication tools providing issue notification to the larger Mercy Ships organization are operating effectively.
- Create Process Improvement design statements for issue management and asset management.
- Contribute to and deliver improvements that support the continuous improvement of processes and controls within the service desk team, adopting ITIL best practices where possible.
- Create and maintain succession plans for the Service Desk Team.
- Conduct regular surveys of customers to determine effectiveness of IS services and SLAs.
- Provide weekly, monthly, etc. metrics to Service Delivery manager.
- Other duties as assigned
- Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities)
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Able to contribute to community life, requiring stable and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Exceptional service orientation
- Ability to understand IT customer's patterns, anticipate their changing needs, and influence behaviors related to their demand for services.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Supportive of Mercy Ships mission and vision, and committed to its core values
- Understand and apply servant leadership, work collaboratively with integrity and demonstrate accountability
- Education And Experience
- The requirements listed below are representative of the education and / or experience required:
- 2 years plus experience in a Service Delivery Support function.
- Leadership experience in managing cross-functional teams or projects and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders.
- Able to work well under pressure and at a high work rate.
- Requires exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
- Successful completion of Mercy Ships Entry Training will be required within the first year.