Quidel Corporation is a leading manufacturer of diagnostic healthcare solutions serving to enhance the health and wellbeing of people around the globe with well-known and respected products that provide healthcare professionals with accurate and cost-effective diagnostic information at the point of care (POC). Our core competencies and capabilities focus on immunoassay and molecular testing in the areas of: infectious disease, cardiology, women’s health, and virology.
The Service Desk Engineer (Level 2), is responsible for ensuring the day to day operations for end user applications and equipment. They will be a point of contact for the IS Service Desk, providing desk-side and remote assistance in resolving Tier I and Tier II technology support issues when possible and escalating to the appropriate personnel when necessary. May require expertise in commonly used business applications.
- To receive calls for assistance from Quidel staff by phone, email or in person and to log, resolve or distribute those calls to the appropriate IS staff.
- Perform hands on updates, repairs, configuration and end user training of corporate IS equipment, to include Computers, Mobile Devices, Multi-Function Copiers, Telecommunication/Collaboration devices and Audio/Visual technologies.
- Corporate application account administration in compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Create and update procedures for both IS and our internal customers. These include not only technical but also business processes.
- Act as the liaison for the IS Infrastructure Operations team, assisting with functions and tasks that require on-site support for related equipment
- Carries out duties in compliance with established business policies.
Requirements: Education and Experience:
- Community College, Computer Training Center or equivalent experience.
- Three to five years working in a Technical Support/Service Desk environment.
- A+, Network +, MCP, and/or MCSA, desired.
- ITIL Certification a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Operating Systems to include: Windows XP/7/8/10.
- Advanced knowledge of installation, configuration and troubleshooting of PC hardware components.
- Advanced knowledge of various Windows desktop/server applications such as Microsoft Office, Adobe, Sophos, MobileIron.
- Strong familiarity with networking technologies, including TCP/IP, DHCP, WINS, DNS and SMTP.
- Familiarity with supporting and troubleshootingmobile devices.
- Experience with systems administration, including system maintenance, workstation support, internet connectivity, security services and active directory.
- Familiarity with network systems such as Cisco routers and switches, HP or Cisco servers, Microsoft server operating systems (2008, 2012, 2016)
- Ability to conform to standard entry ticket entry processes regarding the ticket management system.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and written.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills with strong attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- This position will work under general supervision with latitude for independent judgment.
- A high degree of attention to detail and technical ability is required to resolve issues with corporate IS equipment and software while maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Ability to accurately identify issues necessary for escalation to internal resources is also essential to the success of this position.
Before you apply, please make sure you share Quidel’s values. We pride ourselves on keeping these values in mind every day as we execute on goals and plan for the future. We are seeking employees who share the same mindset and commitment to be customer driven, focused on execution, and new product oriented. We succeed by being determined, optimistic team players. Quidel is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans). We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.