Intersection is revolutionizing the way information is shared in public spaces to ease and enrich people’s journeys through their cities and connect them to their communities. We connect brands with people where they are via relevant and impactful experiences, and we earn the trust of our partners through our shared mission, working together to build the foundation for a connected future.
With 8 offices, media in 60 markets, and 600+ people across the United States, we are technologists, media experts, engineers, designers, and strategists working together to create value for citizens, governments, and brands and improve life in cities around the globe.
As a Service Desk Engineer at Intersection, you will be the first line of support for our customers: New York City and its visitors! It will be your job to answer phone calls, emails, and requests placed in otherchannels from our customers. You will manage customer requests and troubleshoot issues remotely from our office, log interactions in our ticketing system, escalate issues needing onsite attention, and participate in a rotating on-call shift. You’re passionate about providing great customer service. You're as adept at communicating as you are at troubleshooting. You have a positive attitude, a sense of urgency, and genuinely enjoy making people happy. You are a brand ambassador who will work alongside other teams that are passionate about bringing services to our community.
What you will accomplish:
- Provide technical support, answer general inquiries, and deliver great customer service to our customers
- Respond to each and every person with empathy while communicating simply and effectively
- Ensure our Links are in optimal condition by monitoring, troubleshooting, and coordinating support activities across teams
- Manage multiple efforts and demands with calm and attention to detail
- Analyze trends and share insights with Engineering, Marketing and Communications, Support, and Management teams
- Facilitate the development of best practices and features
- Participate in on-call support rotation
What we are looking for:
- Customer service experience and/or support for a consumer product or service
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Phenomenal team player and collaborator
- Strong organizational skills with an eye for detail
- Passion for and curiosity about technology
- Bonus points if you’re fluent in Spanish or multilingual