If you want to work for a company with a passion for quality and innovation, consider Franklin Electric, or one of our companies. As the premier designer and manufacturer of residential, agricultural, and commercial water and fuel systems, we're making a fundamental difference in the lives of people around the world. Your career at Franklin will be well rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits--and more. We understand a fulfilling family life is the foundation to a successful professional one. We strive to promote from within and help every employee realize their professional potential. We believe in lifetime careers that continually challenge and fulfill.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Identifies, investigates, resolves, and follows-up on problems brought to the Service Desk by users of personal computers, servers, network, phone, and other IT equipment. Communicates with end users to help understand and resolve their problems. Follows established procedures to solve end user problems. Will escalate complex problems to senior level support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Incident Management Process
- Responds to internal customers to resolve their technology problems. This includes first line support for client (PC), network, server, and voice hardware and software.
- Enters and manages Incident and Service Request tickets in ServiceNow (IT Service Management Application).
- Provides technical support related to various computer programs used by Franklin Electric employees across all business functions.
- Provides hardware support for computers, phones, and other technological equipment used by Franklin Electric.
- Must maintain or exceed Service Level Agreements for Incident Resolution. This will be measured based on Incident Duration for the individual.
- Performance is measured based on average duration of tickets.
- Request and Change Management
- Ensures all changes and requests are entered in ServiceNow.
- Ensures the fulfillment of end user requests for Software and Hardware deployment.
- Ensures changes are completed with proper documentation for SOX compliance
- Maintain Microsoft Active Directory accounts and other security protocols.
- Asset Management Process
- Provides recommendations for software and hardware standards to users and ensures that standards are enforced.
- Deploys new PC to end users and trains them in their use.
- Uses ServiceNow to maintain and track IT assets and inventories.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Communication -- Delivers accurate, clear, and concise messages orally and/or in writing.
- Problem Solving -- Uses a logical, systematic search for the source of a problem, determining the most likely cause by eliminating potential causes of a problem.
- Decision Making -- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; compares alternatives and makes timely decisions.
- Testing -- Plans and facilitates validation activities to ensure a technology solution meets defined requirements.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer information systems, or a related degree (required).
- Three to five years of related experience (preferred).
- Advanced: Microsoft Operating systems (Required), Microsoft Office Products (Required), SharePoint (Preferred), Adobe Products (Preferred), Apple Products (Preferred), JDE (Preferred)
Certificates and Licenses
- Microsoft certifications (Preferred).
- A+ certification (Preferred).
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is:
- Continuallyrequired to stand and walk.
- Regularlyrequired to reach with hands to finger, handle, or feel; kneel and crouch; and talk or hear.
- Occasionallyrequired to sit.
- The employee must occasionallylift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and an ability to adjust focus.
The company will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
- This position is not subjected to harmful environmental conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Up to 10% travel should be expected for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.