Primary Purpose of Position:
The Regional Service Desk Supervisor is responsible for being the regional escalation point for the 24 x 7 service desk team providing end user support for requests or problems/issues with IT services/systems and platforms that are required to do business. This role is a primary interface between IT, the Business and the service desk partner team. The scope of responsibility is to align with the global support model and the associated processes and metrics under the direction of the Global Service Desk Leader. Will be required to monitor internal work to assist in the creation and maturity of supportprocesses, associated tools, as well as supervising the regional end user support team to insure they have the appropriate and necessary skills to execute the work required through quality checks, skill set assessments and evaluations.
- Supervises the partner end user support team to ensure support to business users utilizing Ball Corp IT supported applications, devices, and supporting technology, is provided in a timely and courteous manner to effectuate complete customer satisfaction
- Provides input on the processes and supporting tools required for the execution of the end user support mission, assuring that the team is executing according to the standard processes, and has the tools and adequate training in the processes to succeed in their mission (this may include manning a physical local help desk).
- Identifies, responds to, and initiates the necessary activities within IT to resolve user reported issues with IT systems in a manner consistent with user expectations and the appropriate urgency is established with respect to individual issues reported
- Provides oversight of the actions required to remediate issues in team performance if it is not meeting expectations. Work in concert with other support supervisors to develop mechanisms to assess team performance and perform those assessments and create action plans to continuously improve the efficiency and effectiveness of end user support operations
- Works with business users within the region to assure that there are expectations set, via Service Level Agreements, on the responsiveness of the End User Support Team, and partner with other supervisors to assure consistency of execution across different regions. Support the Global Service Desk Leader in advocating to Senior Leadership for the necessary human and technical resources to meet the established Service Levels
- Supervises, motivates, delegates, and empowers staff in the successful performance of their tasks and responsibilities while encouraging innovation.
- Actively participate in the release planning and management process within the region in order to assure continuity of service for end users during and after technology releases, and identify risks/issues that require remediation as well as root cause to affect improvements in overall IT implementation of new/enhance services and capabilities
- Maintains current technical expertise in the rapidly IT sector and identify technological improvements that could be made to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the End User Support Function
- Collaborates with the regional business leadership in terms of providing work coverage and administrative notification during periods of personnel absence.
- Collaborates with the Partner Organization management team on continuous process improvements to service.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college level education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 3 year(s) minimum
- BS or BA degree in computer science or related field preferred or a corresponding number of years experience in IT.
- 3 years experience in personal computing, with demonstrated ability to supervise within a personal computing environment
- Knowledge at the expert level of current techniques and hardware capabilities of personal computers, while having a technical aptitude and awareness of issues with local area networks, wide area networks, and connectivity capabilities that could also impede the end user performance of IT
- Ability to understand, and clearly relate to other members of the organization, technical manuals, software specifications, hardware principals of operations, and general methods of systems software operations
- Certifications/Licenses/Other: ITIL Certification, desired
Compensation & Benefits
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $75,000 - $101,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, as well as internal and external equity.
- Job Grade: 10
- This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- For Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions, Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, click here for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans
Nearest Major Market: Denver