In this role, you will work with business areas to design new programs and experiences geared at growing our membership and reimagining ways to achieve our mission. As a Service Designer, you'll be a hands-on design do-er as well as a strategic thought-partner with the goal to evolve early stage customer experiences and ideas into scalable solutions through iterative prototyping, testing, and refining. You will get to grow a people-first service–from value proposition to brand to customer experience–your job is about putting all the pieces together to maintain the user-centered, fully integrated integrity of the concept as it moves forward.
Research + Design
- Create, establish, and operationalize service design strategy to positively impact Thrivent's enterprise growth strategy.
- Champion Service Design while leveraging 'agile/lean' human-centered methodologies to stand-up new concepts.
- Ensure a seamless, consistent and user-friendly experience across all in-person and digital touchpoints including: in-store experience, digital ecosystem, employee experience, value proposition and brand positioning, an education strategy, and more.
- Design for both the user's experience (desirability) Thrivent's ability to implement and scale (feasibility) and business constraints (viability)
- Prototype, test and refine key service experience components with participation of end users –iteratively moving from low to high fidelity solutions that elegantly solve for complex behavioral, cultural, and social dimensions.
- Synthesize and apply research learnings and insights to drive design decisions and service system development.
- Design the user experience for a new engagement models at Thrivent–including new roles and responsibilities, incentives, metrics, training and onboarding, tools and technology
- Create and maintain key design artifacts to define and communicate experience architecture and/or overall service system that illustrate all the components and touch-points of the service including: visual frameworks, journey maps, service blueprints, operations or user flows
- Establish relationships and liaise with key stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle
- Develop and deliver progress reports, requirements, documentation and presentations as needed
- Contribute to project reviews and best practice development
- Support the planning and monitoring of project activities, timelines and milestones
- Serve as an advisor to the greater Thrivent teams in developing user-centered design expertise and service design talent
- Issue regular status reports and troubleshoot problem areas
- Be the point person in collecting data that shows the impact through the solutions we bring to market
Required Job Qualifications
- 5 - 8 years of experience as a service designer
- Deep expertise in design thinking/human-centered design
- In-depth knowledge and experience within a relevant service design discipline (systems design, business design, industrial design, graphic design, interaction design)
- Ability to work within a self-directed culture and navigate ambiguity
- Experience of leading design work within a diverse team
- Experience with concepting, ideation, and iterative prototyping
- Knowledge and experience working in financial services, mainly insurance, is desirable
- Work experience in human-centered design in large organizations