As a Service Delivery Project Manager in our Utilities Analytics Client Success team, you will join the utility industry’s largest SaaS Analytics practice and will be critical to the future direction and growth of our analytics business. You will deliver a best-in-class product to utilities that leverages their data to quickly solve their business problems in areas such as revenue protection, distribution operations and energy efficiency.
You will be responsible for managing all aspects of several key Oracle | DataRaker engagements, including day-to-day interactions with clients, project tracking and advising our clients. You will manage business and technical activities (e.g., interface design specifications, analytic test specifications). The ideal candidate has a solid technical background in the areas described below, along with a good understanding of the utility industry in general, and meter systems and meter data in particular.
The following tasks are examples of the responsibilities of the Project Manager:
· Manage and report on the day-to-day progress of all assigned clients. Individuals will typically work with 2-3 clients at any given time.
· Participate in all client meetings, including on-site and off-site sessions. Travel is required, with about 25% travel depending on the stage of the engagement.
· Meet with business and IT representatives of the clients to gather requirements on data sources, IT systems, and other technical considerations.
· Develop specifications for the development or modification of data interfaces into the Oracle | DataRaker system.
· Define specifications for the various analytical functions that will meet the client’s business needs.
· Direct the work of data scientists to develop and configure analytical solutions.
· Perform or direct various ad-hoc analytical queries required to fulfill customer engagements.
· Communicate regularly with customer representatives and other Oracle Utilities Analytics management personnel.
· Track the progress of each engagement against goals.
· Actively seek opportunities to provide additional services to existing clients.
Background / Experience
· 5-10 years total work experience with a minimum of 4 years as a project manager, sales engineer or quantitative analyst/consultant with some management and client facing experience.
· Degree in a technical or quantitative field, preferably engineering, science, mathematics, statistics, economics, or computer science.
· Excellent communication skills – both written and oral – along with client management experience.
· Solid foundation in data analysis and developing analytic models (Excel).
· Experience in translating business requirements into data requirements, as well as interfaces and analysis specifications.
· Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
· Travel required 25% of time.