Apply consulting, process management and analytical skills as a leader of Delivery System Planning projects. Manage the design and development of Delivery System plans, facilities' business cases, and other related projects. The department plays a key role in the planning and development of a delivery system that supports an outstanding member experience and an environment that facilitates the delivery of industry leading clinical care while ensuring the efficient use of the organization's resources. The position requires a high degree of collaboration with National Facilities Services, Finance, Permanente, and Clinical Operations and a deep understanding of how KP's regional delivery system supports the organization's strategic objectives.The position will report directly to the Director of Delivery System Planning. Responsible for the management and leadership of a range of process improvement and process management activities. Activities managed include planning, performing, and implementing process improvement initiatives, in addition to ownership of operational processes. These initiatives may represent one portion of a larger project, or may represent a stand-alone initiative or function within a work group or department. Process management functions may include data gathering and analysis, best practice research, process mapping, developing and recommending alternatives for improvement, developing performance metrics, obtaining leadership or stakeholder agreement, implementing improvements, and monitoring post-process improvement initiative performance to updated standards. Activities are undertaken and executed in support of organizational goals and are accountable for providing business process solutions to meet internal and external customer expectations.
- Strategic Partnership & Planning: Formulates moderately complex, effective strategies consistent with the business and competitive strategy of the organization and/or functional area. Examines policy issues and strategic planning with a long-term as well as short-term perspective. Determines objectives and sets priorities; anticipates potential threats or opportunities and vets them within the organization and with the client as appropriate.
- Resource Management: In moderately complex organization (s) manages the efforts of direct and indirect reports, and collaborates with, provides guidance to and influence employees, clients and matric partners
- Results & Accountability: Ensures that effective controls are developed and maintained to ensure the integrity of the organization. Takes corrective action, as appropriate. Ensures that performance is aligned with mission, goals and outcomes and is completed within established timeframes. Monitors and evaluates moderately complex plans; focuses on results and measuring attainment of outcomes. Has budget accountability
- Change Management and Innovation: Develops and/or influences new ideas/approaches. Establishes procedures and practices which promote the adoption of appropriate solutions and sustainability of desired results in moderately complex environments. Uses efficient and cost-effective approaches to integrate processes and technology into the workplace and improve program effectiveness. Develops strategies to enhance decision making. Understands the impact of process, policy, and technological changes on the organization
- Minimum five (5) years of process and/or project management, consulting, or related business experience.
- Minimum two (2) years of management experience (may include matrixed experience).
- Bachelor's degree OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma OR General Education Development (GED) is required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Expertise in Excel, Powerpoint, Word.
- Working knowledge or interest in learning Access.
- Experience in the design and management of complex planning projects.
- Mapping or other analytic tool experience.
- Five (5) years of progressive experience in a health care consulting, strategic planning, or facilities planning environment.
- Experience in a care delivery organization or environment.
- Graduate degree in business or management discipline preferred.
- Knowledge of process management/improvement, methodologies preferred.
- Familiarity with a variety of health care planning and operational data and expert knowledge of the use of data to support a fact-based planning approach.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
Job Number: 774305