Come and work for a billion-dollar international research institution. Our collaborative environment and commitment to work/life balance makes Pacific Northwest National Laboratory’ (PNNL) an ideal place to advance your career, challenge yourself and make a difference. We offer excellent benefits including pension, matching 401(k), tuition reimbursement plans, health insurance, and flexible work schedules
YOU @ PNNL
Your key responsibilities and accountabilities would include:
• Establish and refine operational standards, policies, procedures and documentation of Incident, Problem, Change and Availability Management processes on an ongoing basis to reflect best practices embraced by high-performing, large institutions with exceptionally high availability expectations
• Provide technical leadership and professional guidance to managers in Lean and ITIL methods and best practices as well as Metrics methods and use in the operation of IT. Ensure that all incidents are recorded, analyzed, interpreted and escalated properly – and examined for opportunities for improvement of operations procedures and processes – in order to improve our services, people, processes and technologies.
• Develop and nurture an innovative culture with employees by promoting the application of ideas and technologies to improve IT Service Management and reduce costs using Lean and other continuous improvement methods.
• Evaluates performance metrics against the defined critical success factors, institutes actions to correct shortcomings or further streamline the process, and prioritizes expansion activities
• Collaborates with incident management to review incident trends to identify problems, training or knowledge opportunities reviews and audits the process and its techniques and methods to ensure they are continuously improved
Discipline, principal job duties/expectations, and qualitative and quantitative measures of performance that exceed the Functional Descriptor:
• Increase operational performance within budget limitations with the goal of reducing costs over time through Lean best practices.
• Insure all internal and external customer SLAs are met or exceeded.
• Work with the Continuous Improvement Manager to development continuous improvement processes associated with incident management, problem management and Change Management
• Ensure that all incidents are recorded, analyzed, interpreted and escalated properly – and examined for opportunities for improvement of operations procedures and processes – in order to improve our services, people, processes and technologies.
• Perform detailed financial analysis as it relates to operational health of PNNL’s systems
Equal Employment Opportunity
PNNL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse, talented workforce. EOE Disability/Vet/M/F/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Staff at PNNL must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
• Minimum of (8) years of experience in IT Operations in an industry with exceptionally high availability expectations (i.e.: financial services, hospitals, aerospace, etc.) is required (OR) If the preferred candidate has an advanced degree (e.g., 6+ years of relevant experience)
• (OR) In lieu of degree, successful candidate must have (16) years of relevant experience in ITIL, Lean and IT support to include IT Operations in an industry with exceptionally high availability expectations (i.e.: financial services, hospitals, aerospace, etc.) is required (OR) An equivalent combination of education and relevant experience may be considered in lieu of the required degree.
• Certification: ITIL Intermediate Service Operations v3
• Certification – ITIL Expert v3
• Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
• Demonstrated experience developing performance standards, metrics and associated reporting.
• Solid understanding of industry best practices and standards including Lean and ITIL
• Strong IT Technical knowledge, business acumen and process skills.
• Demonstrate experience managing matrix resources and the ability to influence.
• Demonstrate ability to design and implement strategic and operational roadmaps.
• Excellent communication and relationship management skills.
• Comfortable in diverse, fast-paced and rapidly changing business environment
• Ability to develop teams and lead people in diverse and decentralized environment.
• Demonstrated experience in developing strong IT operations organizations and a service-oriented culture.
Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 307171