The Service Delivery Manager oversees a number of key functions within the Advanced Technology Group that enable the delivery of a high quality service to customers and to ensure Support and Service Delivery processes are in place to meet business needs. This position is a stakeholder facing role, and requires that you establish and manage expectations within the customer teams and coordinate the ATG and partner teams to achieve high degree of customer satisfaction and profitable ATG practice.
- Service delivery manager oversees the delivery of services and service technology tools to our clients
- The manager works within the established policies and process, and helps improve them, designed to ensure consistently high service performance, monitors employees, partners and sub-contractors and evaluates customer feedback to develop quality improvement processes.
- Lead a delivery team made up of consultants, company personnel and vendor partners working with client representatives.
- Owner of the Incident, Request, Change and Escalation processes, ensuring high levels of performance in these processes, accurate reporting and establishing service improvement activities when required
- As owner of the escalation process the Service Delivery Manager will take ownership of major incidents to ensuring coordination of resolving parties, effective communication to stakeholders and post incident review
- Drive internal and customer meetings, in conjunction with sales reps and engineering leadership
- Ability to serve as “player coach”: the role will require hands-on technical involvement at times in addition to driving the overall program delivery.
- Identify and document customer business goals and stakeholders.
- Traditional project duties including:
- Ensure project requirements, which adhere to the SOW, are effectively captured.
- Manage engagement P&L, including subcontractor invoicing and all other costs.
- Collaborate with PMO on creation, management and updates of project schedules, risks, dependencies and critical path. Effectively manage multiple, concurrent sub-projects.
- Manage project scope, change control and expectations.
- Ensure adherence to quality project methodologies.
- Demonstrate confidence and authority to client, partners and team members.
- Respond promptly and effectively to all escalations from client, account team, partners, sub-contractors and company leadership.
- Focused on client satisfaction and program success.
- Strategic thinking, planning and execution. Senior-level presence.
- 10 or more years’ experience with data center operations, implementations, migrations and moves.
- 5+ years of experience modernizing data center operations via Automation and Orchestration using ServiceNow, including to both private and public cloud end-points.
- You are highly technical: while you may not be at the console, but you can anticipate implementation issues when working closely with engineers.
- You have experience with modern data center technologies such as VCE, Dell, EMC, Cisco, Pure, Nutanix, Brocade, and Rubrik, etc. You understand automation and orchestration technologies. Of particular interest are Ansible, Ansible Tower, Morpheus, VRealize Suite, Saltstack, Puppet and Chef.
- You understand and have implemented modern IT Asset Management and concepts such as CMDB and CI’s, Software Asset Management (SAM), Hardware Asset Management (HAM).
- You understand newer frameworks and strategies for effectively managing IT as a Service (ITaaS), or “running IT as a business,” for example: Technology Business Management (TBM), IT4IT, Service Broker Operating Model, Service Portfolio Management, IT Service Catalog Automation, etc.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility including shift and out of hours working