You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Seeking a Service Delivery Manager for the Cloud Operations Transformation and Compliance team within the Cloud Operations organization. You will build relationships and work across multiple teams and organizations to deliver key operational tools used by multiple teams, prioritize development, service transition, strategic and technical leadership. We are committed to our diverse workforce goals ensuring equal opportunities for all our team members. You will be encouraged to devote time and effort to grow your knowledge and skillset.
What would your responsibilities be in this role? You will . . .
- Collaborate with multiple partners to drive strategy for Cloud Operations inventory management system (IMS) and deliver new Cloud Operations infrastructure capabilities that improve the overall experience for our customers and teams
- Actively work with customers to assess requirements, create and prioritize backlog, and ensure planning is in place to reassure and avoid compromising delivery commitments
- Effectively implement plans with cooperative engagement from technical leaders and business partners
- Adds to the development of policies and procedures for the production and service support function
- Forecast with acute accuracy through identifying key delivery landmarks, drive on-time achievement of milestones, and share progress in terms of cost, forecast, schedule and assessment of risks/issues
- Conduct meetings that encourage teamwork while driving effective corrective actions and prioritizing necessary infrastructure process enhancements to improve performance and availability
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and enthusiasm in developing elite Cloud Operations services
- Utilize and define midrange operational standards, requirements and associated documentation – ensure all processes are clear and auditable
Have you already been working in a midrange or storage environment with regulatory and financial experience? Then this opportunity should be perfect and you are encouraged to apply.
- 5+ years’ experience running midrange systems and/or storage
- Ambitious with strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to present strategies to senior leaders and drive decision-making
- Shows a genuine personal dedication to successfully completing all projects with an ability to learn rapidly and adapt quickly to changing situations
- Confirmed history influencing and getting results for enterprise-level projects
- Aptitude to develop and maintain strong working relationships with both internal and external partners
- Inspires confidence and the ability to handle ambiguity, multiple tasks, shifting priorities and set schedule to meet deliverables (works with a positive attitude, be flexible, and prioritize tasks)
- Strategic thinker, who is able to combine technical skills with overall business strategy to creatively resolve complex problems in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of a team
- Proficient using Microsoft PowerPoint, Project, Excel, Word, and Visio
- Knowledge of ITIL and Operational Support standard methodologies
- Experience handling financials and executive reporting
- Bachelors in Computer Science/Management Information Systems or equivalent experience preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.