Responsible for performing supervisory, sales and administrative duties in a small area service center location or a designated scope of a larger service center while performing fieldwork on a regular basis. Technically support a defined territory of service center engineers (CE’s) and technicians (FST’s).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervise, train and assist other field service engineers and technicians while being responsible for all aspects of field service work in the area.
- Perform complex troubleshooting, specialized tests, inspections, and appraisals on electrical apparatus and electrical systems.
- Lead large projects requiring specialized skills such as generator acceptance tests, commissioning of larger substations, supervising “turnkey” projects, detailed power survey and other types of electrical consultation.
- Instrumental in developing tests and inspections in new areas of field services.
- Perform job estimating, proposal preparation, fieldwork, scheduling, reports, and billing.
- Write complete, detailed reports promptly at end of project, using a computer, and accurately process job billing.
- Actively involved client interface and business development activities.
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- 4-6 Service Center Field Service Engineers (CE’s) and/or Field Service Technicians (FST’s)
- Action Oriented – Enjoys hard work; is action oriented and full of energy for the things that he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes opportunities when they arise.
- Building Effective Teams – Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; lets subordinates present to senior management; acts as if real success is the success of the team.
- Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; talks and acts with customers in mind.
- Drive for Results – Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Directing Others – Is good at establishing clear directions; sets stretching objectives; distributes the workload appropriately; lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner; maintains two-way dialogue with subordinates on work and results.
- Organizing – Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Graduate of applicable Electrical Technical School or Military equivalent and nine years minimum same or similar work experience. OR High school education or equivalent and ten years minimum same or similar work experience.
- Factory certified on Core Vertiv (Liebert) UPS and related critical infrastructure products.
- Possess a working knowledge of Electrical Power Distribution, Generators, Switchgear, Automatic Transfer Switches, et al.
- Solid foundation of electrical power theory and application including thorough understanding of applicable safety procedures
- Strong knowledge of the National Electrical Code and various industry standards, such as OSHA and NFPA.
- Must be able to read and interpret electrical one-line diagrams and circuit flow diagrams
- Ability to give technical assistance via the telephone to internal or external customers on a regular basis
- Provide on-site customer consultation, must be able to present themselves as an expert in the field
- Expert analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills (verbal and written) required.
- Able to manage customer expectations during stressful situations
- A high degree of communication, supervisory, organizational and management skills are required.
- A good theoretical background and strong management skills are necessary.
- Communicate effectively, in writing and verbally, with clients, peers and management.
- Good judgment, dependable, supervises large-scale projects with technical expertise and good business management skills.
- Strong computer skills including editing, formatting and using templates in Microsoft Word use of Internet for standards/products/manufacturer research and operation of computer controlled test equipment.
- Willing to work flexible hours, weekends, holidays and night work. Must be available for out of town and international travel of up to several weeks.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear, and smell.
- Frequently required to sit, climb and balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, basic color differentiation and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and frequently lift and/or move 100-pound test sets.
- Valid Driver’s License.