Title: Service Catalog & Request Manager
Location: Washington D.C.
Assignment: Long term Contract
- We are seeking a Service Catalog and Request Manager responsible for managing the full lifecycle and continual improvement of the service catalog and service request workflow automation.
- The lifecycle includes organization, scalability, updates to, and usage reporting of the service catalog.
- It also includes identifying standard changes that should be implemented via standard request workflow, facilitating the design, test, and implementation of that workflow, with the end goal of providing increased self-services to customers
- Responsible for creating, facilitating, controlling, reporting, documenting and improving both Service Catalog and Service Request Management processes in support of an Enterprise IT Shared Services environment for a Federal department.
- Ability to effectively verbalize, document, communicate and facilitate the identification, handling, status reporting, solution options and alternatives, change implementation of various changes to catalog and service request items for distribution in the IT environment, and ultimately made available to the user community.
- Ability to effectively document business cases, solution strategies, status tracking, processes, procedures, and knowledge articles associated with implementing service catalog and service request processes. Facilitate catalog and request management related meetings and improvement initiatives and provide documented status.
Education and Training Requirements:
- Must have a minimum of 7 years of experience, or a Bachelor's Degree and 5 years of experience, providing IT Service Catalog and Request Managment services supporting Service Desk, IT Operations and Engineering, and Data Center.
- ITIL Foundations certification recommended.
- Higher ITIL certifications preferred.
- Ability to review various ticket types, understand interrelated IT practice areas and make recommendations for process improvements using tools such as BMC Remedy (or similar ITSM tool suite), MS Office 365 tools, and other process automation tool suites.
- Must be an effective communicator and facilitator of information to peers, management, Federal leadership and Federal executives.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements: Highly motivated, self-directed and responsible contributor. Ability to evangelize the service catalog and service request management practice areas, articulating vision, design, and improvement ideas to motivate early adopters and change actors towards those goals. Ability to organize IT services for customer selection, identify standard changes and other routine requests, document their process, apply system workflow to enable the service, and ultimately provide no-touch self-service capability for customers. Effectively communicate, build relationships with peers, process stakeholders, and organizational leaders. Be a team player, share knowledge, and learn from others. Ability to ascertain information about current organizational processes and how to go about organizing and improving IT Service Management practices based on the feedback.
US Citizen or Green Card Holder. Ability to attain a Public Trust clearance. Position may be open to remote location and telework flexibility.
RCM Technologies is a leading provider of IT Business Solutions and Engineering Services to over 1,000 clients in the commercial and government sectors. RCM partners with clients to define implement and manage a broad range of technologies across multiple platforms, systems, and networks. Our broad geographic presence ensures that a proven and reliable tactical and strategic capability is available and deployable virtually everywhere in North America.