Service Area Manager
MEDNAX has grown from a single medical practice to a trusted health solutions partner with more than 10,000 employees and a presence in 50 states. Through our family of companies, we provide:
- physician services spanning the continuum of patient care
- revenue cycle management solutions
- performance improvement consulting
We invite you to grow with us and help shape the future of health care.
The Service Area Manager of Practice Operations will be responsible for supporting organizational performance improvement and workflow standardization for ambulatory practices in collaboration with Divisional management teams. The individual will be responsible for direct management of all Practice Managers/Administrators within the assigned service area.
The individual will also be responsible for the workflow efficiency, patient satisfaction and financial performance of all practices within the assigned service area. The individual will be responsible for all non-clinical staffing issues within the assigned practices in conjunction with the Director of Operations.
The individual will also assist in developing and preparing materials for use in process improvement, identifying root causes of variation, coordinating with practice management and team participants, leading instruction on the use of process improvement tools, facilitating team decisions, developing implementation action plans, and conducting follow-up. The individual will also provide general operational support to all assigned ambulatory practices as needed.
- Directs and manages performance of all Practice Managers/Administrators within market areas of responsibility including hiring, firing and training of those Practice Managers/Administrators
- Directs, manages and holds Practice Managers accountable for practice workflow and all operational aspects of practice operations including, but not limited to, patient access, scheduling patients, check-in process, non-clinical staffing levels, patient flow while in office, how the bill is processed, patient satisfaction and practice efficiency
- Standardizes and adjusts the operations and workflow in market area practices to ensure practices are operating to maximum efficiency
- Manages patient satisfaction scores with market area practices and works with practices on action plans for improvements to ensure optimal patient experience
- Manages non-clinical staffing levels within market area practices in conjunction with Director of Operations
- Manages the financial and operational health of market area practices
- Develops practice action plans and forecasts along with Directors and Regional VPs
- Establishes relationships and has regular communication with Corporate Medical Director and practice management to ensure practice goals and visions are aligned with Division
- Oversees revenue cycle performance, collaborates with CBO directors on revenue cycle issues and ensures practice management manages processes around revenue cycle
- Develops and prepares materials for use in process improvement, identifies root causes of variation, coordinates with practice management and team participants, leads instruction on the use of process improvement tools, facilitates team decisions, develops implementation action plans and conducts follow-up
- Manages formalized orientation program for new office-based Practice Managers as well as developing ongoing training program for Practice Managers.
- Work with Clinical Systems on all systems development projects and new functionality required by the ambulatory practices including rollout of new systems
- Ensures practices are compliant and have implemented white paper standard processes
- Directs and holds practice manager accountable to ensure progress of planned improvement implementations to assure timely action, appropriate management support, and achievement of expected benefits.
- Using LEAN concepts, utilizes appropriate measurement, analysis and evaluation methods to accurately identify and document process improvements
- Be an organizational leader in striving for process excellence, process documentation and process compliance.
- Identifies and directs physician performance issues to Regional VP
- Ensures practice incorporates continuous quality improvement principles in day-to-day activities.
- Facilitates regular communication with Division Directors of Operations and Regional Vice Presidents regarding practice operations
- Requires employees to exhibit technical knowledge and effective skill education related to their job.
- Promotes and monitors compliance with requirements and standards established by Corporate departments, accrediting or licensing agencies, regulatory agencies and state or federal law relevant to areas of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- 75% travelrequired but level will be determined by actual assigned markets/practices
Education Level: Master's Degree or equivalent
Experience Years: 5-7
Experience Industry: Prior management experiencerequired preferably with process improvement experience in an ambulatory healthcare practice setting. LEAN Certified and Six-Sigma certified preferred (at least green belt)