ASRC Federal is a technical, professional services company providing state-of-the-art solutions to government and commercial clients. Our services include custom-engineered solutions that integrate with the latest technology, resulting in advanced information technology systems; business and management consulting services to assess client needs and reengineer processes; and strategic and tactical program expertise to support continuity and provide comprehensive oversight for mission-critical initiatives.
We partner with government agencies that require development of systems, such as end user services, asset management, network deployment and engineering services, power and energy management solutions, portal applications, command and control, and geospatial information systems (GIS) to operate more efficiently and profitably.
As an emerging IT consulting and strategic outsourcing leader, we're always looking for exceptionally bright and motivated people to join our team. We are thought leaders in our market space - providing comprehensive solutions to our clients, throughout the enterprise. If you are looking for an opportunity to use your skills in new ways, in an environment that promotes free thinking, presents positive challenges, and makes real impact - ASRC Federal is the place for you.
We are currently seeking a Server Specialist to work on-site in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area/ Oklahoma City, OK / or Atlantic City, NJ.
- Must possess comprehensive Enterprise-level Systems Administration experience with Windows Server 2003/2008/R2/2012. This includes daily administration, loading operating systems, updatingfirmware and BIOS, installing latest patches and anti-virus, proactively monitoring of servers and storage, tape back-ups/failover, routine maintenance, change management and regular documented reporting of system maintenance.
- Experience with administration of Microsoft Exchange, Hyper-V, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), and SAN Technologies is preferred. Experience with PowerShell and Visual Basic Scripting is a plus.
- The successful candidate must have the ability to oversee all aspects of datacenter operations including but not limited to replacement of equipment, cable management, ensuring proper cooling and power, maintenance of schematics, inventory management, and future planning.
- In the Task Lead role, the successful candidate will be responsible for establishing individual and team goals, ensuring timely completion of projects, developing and maintaining quality customer relationships, interviewing and hiring of all resources, and performing employee performance evaluations.
- Setup and administration of complex multi-tier computing system environments
- COTS installation/setup
- Administration of users/groups/privileges
- Development and maintenance of network diagrams
- Participate and contribute to a team approach to software development and problem solving
- Off-hour/on-call support as required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor s degree (BS/BA) from a four-year college or university is preferred; four years’ experience in direct supervision of Data Center IT Services, integration maintenance projects, and/or telecommunications management, or four years’ experience in IT project management/ administrative/contract support.
- Five years of Information Technologyexperience with three or more years of specialized experience in hands-on system administration and software application development experience in a production environment.
- Additional Certifications are highly desired such as Cisco and Microsoft
- Windows2003/2008/2012 Server Administration
- Microsoft SQL Server and SQL scripting
- VMware Server/Desktop Virtualization
- Microsoft Office Products including Visio and Project
- Proven record of successful execution in cross-team collaborative IT environment
- Proactive approach to problem solving
- Strong documentation, diagramming, and reporting skills
- ITIL certification preferred
- Knowledge and experience with government clients/environments