PLAYSTUDIOS is an award-winning developer of beautiful and engaging games of chance. With content studios in the San Francisco Bay Area, Tel Aviv, and Hong Kong, we craft and care for our collection of top-ranked apps. We are growing quickly and partnering with some of the world’s largest entertainment companies. Our most recent product release was Royal Charm Slots – a joint effort with King – the makers of Candy Crush, Bubble Witch, and Farm Heroes.
PLAYSTUDIOS is seeking a Server Software Engineer to join our new rewards development team in our Las Vegas studio. This role focuses on implementing new features, improving existing ones, and designing for high scalability.
The current infrastructure is implemented in C# using ASP.NET, exposed via RESTful web APIs, talking to SQL Server and Couchbase databases. This role focuses on determining and implementing a brand-new architecture to support the most flexible and responsive user experience, scaling to 20+ million DAU, and continuous evolution.
We are a very lean studio where you can have a big impact.
- The Software Engineer - Core will contribute to the development and maintenance of server-side core business logic components within the technology architecture.
- Work with the Core Lead to implement core components and client engineers, and testers to deliver high quality products.
- Work with product owners and project managers to break down high-level goals into tasks and timelines and to resolve issues.
- Review code with peers, share knowledge and best practices
- BS or MS in Computer Science or similar.
- Experience developing software with a team in a professional environment.
- 1+ years industry experience
- Work in an Agile development environment (Scrum & Kanban) with Continuous Delivery
- Knowledge in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)/JEE/Web Services/Messaging/BPM process and Middleware.
- Experience in Application Architecture, cloud orchestration, automation, micro service architecture, and in domain driven design.
- Fantastic verbal and written communication skills.
- A detail-oriented, organized thought process and the ability to prioritize requirements.
- Strong debugging, profiling, and analytic skills
- Experience writing and maintaining automated unit tests
- Proven ability to build high quality products.
- Experience developing highly scalable backend systems to support game deployments.
- Experience using both SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with development of SOAP and REST based web services in .Net 4.5 or higher
- Experience with ASP.NET MVC and ASP.NET Web API
- Experience with development using .Net core 1.0 or 2.0 (Web API experience)
- Experience and can demonstrate usage of delivery patterns.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- 100% Health Benefits coverage for you and your dependents!
- Employee-driven entertainment, game nights, and team-building events throughout the year
- Catered lunches throughout the week
- Open, creative office space
- Casual startup-like environment
- Good work-life balance
- Flexible vacation policy