Server Engineer – Windows/Linux
Computer Services, Inc. (CSI) delivers core processing, managed services, mobile and Internet solutions, payments processing, print and electronic distribution, and regulatory and compliance solutions to financial institutions and corporate customers across the nation. Exceptional service, dynamic solutions and superior results are the foundation of CSI’s reputation in empowering businesses to remain competitive, compliant and profitable.
CSI’s Managed Services revolutionizes banking technology through cloud-delivered infrastructure, security and IT systems to help financial institutions remain competitive, compliant and profitable.
As a member of CSI Data Center Operations Team the SE will provide day-to-day support and maintenance of CSI Inc. Core banking and Compliance services. All server based hardware, operating systems, applications and various infrastructure software. Other responsibilities will include troubleshooting business critical incidents, working with Customer support, Relationship managers, Software engineering group and other Data Center Operations groups. They must be customer focused, proactive, accept ownership, have a sense of urgency and understand the culture and complexity of the Banking or like industry.
High Level Requirements:
- 5+ years of Information Technology (IT) experiencesupporting very large Enterprise Class Servers in a heterogeneous environment;
- In depth understanding of Operating Systems including how they interact and utilize hardware platforms;
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and problem solving skills in high pressure production environments;
- Must be able to think quickly, outside the box and willing to accept and embrace change;
- Must be accustomed to responding quickly and in a controlled manner to emergencies;
- Strong working knowledge of TCP/IP;
- Must possess some programming skills in:
- PowerShell, VB, WMI, ADSI;
Expert Experience with:
- Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems – all versions;
- VCenter Server management;
- TCP/IP trouble shooting tools;
- Web Services.
Working Knowledge of:
- Linux – RHEL 6 and 7 preferred;
- Database technology – SQL, SQL Best Practices and Query Language;
- Database Technology – MySQL;
- DNS, Hosts files and server routes;
- Storage Area Networks (SAN), Network Attached Storage (NAS) and Direct Attached Storage Device (DASD);
- Systems Security;
- LAN/WAN infrastructures, protocols, and technologies;
- Backup and Recovery techniques;
- Terminal Services;
- RAID Technology;
- Server hardware builds in a data center environment.
- Is required to assists in the daily monitoring of servers/systems and respond quickly to alerts;
- Follow strict Change Management (CM) policies regarding productions changes;
- Installation and maintenance of Enterprise Servers and Server Security;
- Analyzing and implementing server operating systems;
- Working with Linux industry-based technologies in a maintenance/process improvement capacity;
- Implementing and monitoring of management software;
- Perform and assist in performing of the configuration, staging, installation and ongoing support of client server environments;
- Establish and document best-practice procedures in areas of expertise;
- Perform onsite technical assistance in various capacities at customer locations as needed;
- Maintenance and Administration of MySQL and Apache web configs;
- Manage a WordPress infrastructure for Customer Websites;
- Technically assist any other departments or divisions of the company as needed;
- Participate in developing new applications or enhancements of existing products and services;
- Disaster Recovery and Incident Response Planning;
- Follow proper quality assurance procedures regarding releasing anything into production;
- Participate in strategic and tactical weekly meetings as necessary;
- Create and maintain Systems RUNBOOKS (Visios, troubleshooting, etc…).
- Strong verbal, written, organization and communication skills; must clearly communicate Systems related technical issues with customer/clients and management;
- Data center operation experience;
- Previous Banking experiencepreferred or equivalent high speed, high-pressure environments a must;
- Bachelor’s degreepreferred;
- Willing to travel to remote locations when needed if needed.
- Microsoft Certified Solution Associate (MCSA) or the ability to obtain in the first year of employment;
- Microsoft Certified Solution Expert (MCSE) or the ability to obtain in the first two years of employment;
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or the ability to obtain in the first year of employment;
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) or the ability to obtain in the first three years of employment.