Configures and administers various IT systems, with a focus on maintaining security through confidentiality, integrity and availability. Demonstrable experience in Windows, Linux, SQL, IIS and Apache, and varying protocols such as HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP, SSH. With knowledge of TCP/IP and various web applications and troubleshooting.
- System Development & Operation:
- Installs, configures and maintains Windows Server 2012/2008/2003 and VMware infrastructure.
- Primary responsibility will be performing daily support of the Windows Server 2012/2008/2003 and VMware environment.
- Performs system backups and disaster recovery using Snap technology.
- Supports and troubleshoots Windows server applications developed in-house and externally.
- Troubleshoots and resolves Windows OS, and Linux OS issues on VMware and Windows Server platforms.
- Possesses experience with group policy objects on domain servers.
- Maintains documentation of the server and application environments.
- Demonstrates strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, including application and network-level troubleshooting ability.
- Deployment, administration, and monitoring of a large-scale system environments.
- Training &Education:
- Maintains professional/technical knowledge by reading professional publications and attending continuing education seminars and classes.
- Keeps informed of trends in technology.
- Special Projects:
- Participates in process improvement projects.
- Responds to after hour pages and participates in rotational on-callschedule.
- Familiarity with Microsoft products such as SQL, IIS, SharePoint and Exchange,
- Apache experience
- Possesses strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, including application and network-level troubleshooting ability.
- High levels of confidence and experience in using the typical Linux toolbox of open source software and management tools.
- Strong understanding of various protocols and services including NFS, DHCP, DNS, IP, TCP, UDP, TFTP, NTP.
- Ability to develop business relationships and communicate effectively with the developers, peers and supervisors.
- Strong writing skills and the ability to create professional business documents.
- Applies strong knowledge of processes and resources required to perform analytical and technical problem solving tasks.
- Ability to use data and logic to quickly find solutions to difficult challenges.
- Adheres to schedules and agendas and respects others’ time.
- Effectively prioritizes and executes tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Adjusts effectively to new work demands, processes, structures and cultures.
- Works well independently or in teams.
Able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Bachelor (4-year) degree with a technical major such as engineering or computer science, or demonstrated work experience.
- Proficiency with common Windows System administration and AD tools essential.
- Must have working knowledge of the following areas: VMware vSphere 5 and 6 and VMware Horizon, Linux, Windows Server 2012/2008/2003 Domain Environment (Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, etc.).
- Must be able to balance high quality standards with schedule pressures and demanding environment.
- Must be a resourceful self-starter, flexible, pro-active, solution-oriented and customer-oriented.
- Light to moderate physical effort (lift/carry up to 50 lbs.)
- Occasional reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching.
- Occasional carrying, pushing, and pulling of objects.
- Frequent, prolonged standing/sitting/walking.
- Extensive computer work.
- Frequent use of telephone and fax.
- Occasional travel required to interact with Division personnel and/or attend meetings or educational training.