- Design and build a massively scalable backend system and assist developing the project architecture.
- Build and maintain server code bases.
- Collaborate with client-side developers and the content team.
- Identify and resolve issues with network latency, reliability, and scalability.
- Evaluate hosting providers and SDKs.
- A minimum of 5 years server and network programming experience.
- Experience developing the large-scale backend system for a real-time application or MMO game.
- Strong knowledge of C++, Python, C, C#, or Java.
- Experience with a variety of backend & database technologies and with making architectural trade-offs.
- Comfortable wandering around unexplored application/game design territory, and excited to contribute to refining ideas.
- Collaborative mindset and ability to communicate effectively.
Penrose is based in San Francisco, and also operates rem