What you’ll be doing…
- Leads small teams that develop, test, and fix defects in application software.
- Leads the preparation of overall application software designs at the system level.
- Leads work teams in preparing work estimates and project schedules for all technical work for the projects within the team.
- Maintains expert knowledge on the systems and tools within the scope of the team's responsibility. Maintains expert knowledge of the business processes supported by the systems. Maintains expert-level knowledge of software development best practices, tools, and methodologies that are recognized throughout Information Systems.
- Leads teams focused on quality and continuous improvement initiatives across business units within the company.
- Champion a culture of innovation, in an environment that requires high levels of scalability, security and reliability.
Who you are...
- Strong self-initiative, communication skills, and adaptability to new technology
- Self-starter and ability to pick up new technologies rapidly
What you’ve done…
- 10+ years of experience with one of the modern programming languages such as Go, Python or Java
- Experience developing RESTful cloud services
- Experience developing in a Linux environment
- Experience debugging, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and analysis
- Track record of crafting well-designed solutions and delivering high-quality software on time
- Hands-on development of highly distributed, cloud-based micro-service environments, particularly Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely related field
- Familiarity with AWS services such as API Gateway, Lambda, S3 or RDS (Postgres)
- Good understanding of security and networking concepts (SSL, PKI, HTTP, TCP/IP)
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Knowledge of communications protocols such as MQTT
- Experience with continuous delivery and associated technologies including Docker, Jenkins, Chef/Puppet.
- Track record of taking a project from inception through launch.