ABOUT THE COMPANY:
At our core, Comtech employees are driven by innovation. We are leaders in the advanced global commercial and government communications market. A career at Comtech enables you to design, develop, produce and market innovative products, systems and services for advanced communications solutions. You will facilitate and enhance the way people, businesses, and governments communicate around the world.
Comtech Command and Control is a leading provider of mission critical solutions to government and civilian agencies with a focus on C4ISR solutions using any type of network, whether mobile, fixed, static, terrestrial, marine, airborne or in space. In order to help our customers, combat a growing number of cyber-attacks on their systems, we provide training and certification and vulnerability compliance assessment. Comtech designs, develops, produces and markets innovative products, systems and services for advanced communications solutions. We are technology leaders in the markets that we serve and conduct our business through Government solutions. Our market segments consist of: Tactical Communications, Space & Component Technology, Mobile Datacom, and Cyber Security Solutions.
- Experience with the principles and practice of system administration management; including managing processes and services, system installation and configuration, printer systems and fundamentals of security.
- Administers a complex site independently and or assists in the administration of a larger site.
- Provides Tiers 1-3 help desk support assisting with day to day activities of installing and troubleshooting hardware, software and applications.
- Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network and storage engineers.
- Create administrator and service accounts, maintains system documentation, tunes system performance and installs system-wide software.
- Evaluates vendor products and makes recommendations to the customer.
- Coordinate upgrades/installations and provides backup recovery.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Works well independently or as a team.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Windows 10 desktop administration
- Microsoft Server 2008/2012 system administration
- Active Directory administration
- Linux Systems Administration
- PowerShell scripting experience
- Thin/Zero client technology and problem resolution experience
- VMWare or Hyper-V experience
- Must possess current/active TS/SCI w/polygraph
- Master's degree and 2 years of experience, Bachelor's Degree and 5 years of experience, Associate's Degree and 7 years of experience, or High School Grad and 9 years of experience in System Administration
- One of the following DoD approved certifications is required to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position. Security+, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP, GSIH, or GCED. Training and Certification provided for applicants meeting the above requirements
Comtech offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and flexible paid time off options, for eligible employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account
- STD, LTD, Supplemental Life insurance and AD&D
- Comprehensive 401k plan and Employee stock purchase plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Vacation, Personal and Sick time
- 10 paid holidays
- Bereavement and jury duty leave.