Position Summary: The Solutions Architect will, Design, develop and implement solutions for strategic driven initiatives and critical projects that deliver value and maximize current technology investments. The current IT solution investments in-focus focus include Asset Management, Financial Management, Enterprise Integration, and IT Service Management systems. These systems currently include ServiceNow.
- Applying Software releases to production within a schedule coordinated with product owner and/or Federal managers.
- Ensuring Software releases applied to production follow software configuration management processes and procedures.
- Providing Support for installation, upgrade, and removal of COTS and custom developed software.
- Development of extensions for new features, developing new software, and/or extensions to support new and changed requirements.
- Working with IT, functional staff, and Federal managers on requirements definition and design.
- Ensuring software and hardware configuration management procedures.
- Communicating plans and status of projects and tasks as requested by project managers.
- Create training materials and present a variety of trainings and seminars to small groups enabling them to better utilize delivered solutions
- Develop and support system integrations using enterprise service bus technologies and provide architecture analysis to ensure projects adhere to good architecture practices.
- Provide expert advice to project teams on use of enterprise service bus technologies, data architecture and modeling, system architecture including integration best practices
- Work with project teams in definition of requirements for integration strategies of their projects into the enterprise architecture.
- Work with cross functional teams in support of existing or future software products.
- Utilize ITIL and Agile methodologies.
- Software change releases are managed according to documented procedures.
- Production software change releases are completed accurately. Production software change releases are auditable.
- All production releases are documented, and all software change processes are completed.
- Production software change releases are formally approved. All production software releases are formally approved by the application, system, or module owner.
- Developing solutions with a COTS first approach. Leveraging standard functionality of COTS systems unless proven business value gained by customizing.
- All software and hardware architecture changes follow architecture review process.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Certifications:
- US Citizenship is a requirement of this position in accordance with 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(2)(C)
- Mastery-level ServiceNow system architecture, maintenance and development experience.
- Consulting caliber type resources with proven ServiceNow solution design capabilities.
- Extensive knowledge in the following areas:
- Experience upgrading, sustaining and integrating ServiceNow FedRAMP High cloud instances
- Experience integrating ServiceNow O/S (Orlando and later) with on-prem data sources as well as with external APIs in the creation of decision-making toolsets, dashboards and processes
- Experience delivering ServiceNow certified solutions with expert knowledge supporting ServiceNow’s IT Service Management (ITSM) and IT Business Management (ITBM) product suites
- Have at least 10 years’ experience designing, developing, implementing and maintaining complex and comprehensive ServiceNow workflows using AngularJS, JavaScipt, HTML and emerging design languages
- Capability to host and facilitate scoping, requirements and application development meetings as well as to input and collaborate with Stakeholders and Business Partners to create, develop and maintain new and existing ServiceNow solutions
- Expert in business process reviews, requirement definition and collection, design-thinking, agile project methodologies, scrum teams, workflow testing and knowledge transfer/training
- Expert in Software Development Lifecycle process, standards-based system design and ITIL-based system processes including Change, Service Catalogs, Incident and Configuration Management practices
- Expert experience in architecting and delivering enterprise technology solutions
- Experience with implementing and developing solutions leveraging commercial-off-the-shelf products.
- Expert experience in building and presenting proto-type solutions.
- Experience with designing and developing data models and data architecture.
- Experience integrating Cloud and on premise software systems.
- Expert experience using enterprise service bus technologies, data architecture and modeling, system architectures including integration best practices
- Expert experience in asset management, work management and inventory management best practices.
- Expert experience in financial management and federal accounting best practices
- Expert experience in ITIL best practices
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, this position requires the ability to sit for potentially long periods of time throughout the workday. Hearing sufficient to understand conversations, both in person and on the telephone. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components for potentially long periods of time without experiencing abnormal hand, wrist, or eye strain. Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings. Lifting and transporting moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work Environment: Includes a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, including exposure to heat, cold, inclement weather conditions, and occasional environmental hazards. Local, regional, and national travel may be required.