DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: BS + 6 yrs relatedexperience.
- Develops and configures systems specifications that address business requirements, processes, and that fit within architecture standards. Involved in planning of system and development deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards. Evaluates interface between hardware and software, operational requirements, and characteristics of overall system. Establishes and documents system parameters and formats, ensures hardware and software systems compatibility, and coordinates and/or modifies system parameters in terms of existing and projected computer capacity and capabilities. Revises existing systems and tests functionality of the system to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, data integrity, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage. May document testing and maintenance of system updates, modifications, and configurations. May act as a liaison with other business functions.
- Install, configure, administer, debug and provide end user support for all Serena software (Serena Business Manager (SBM), PVCS Version Manager (VM), License Manager and Sourcebridge) on servers at the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) and in support of the Navy Training Management Planning System (NTMPS) program.
- Facilitate resolutions with NUWC system administrators and Serena Tech Support to mitigate security, licensing, maintenance and system upgrade issues.
- Install related desktop components at NUWC.
- Perform troubleshooting, and provide general oversight of CM processes for NTMPS users at NUWC and in Pensacola. Update NTMPS CM Plan document when required.
- Collaborate with NTMPS team members to design, create, maintain, test and deploy SBM workflow processes which accurately reflect current business processes.
- Maintain Serena test environment to facilitate testing for different software versions and server configurations
- Write specifications, how-to documentation, test plans, testreports, and best-practices
- Ability to work independently
- Detail oriented
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to monitor logs and perform Root Cause Analysis of issues
- Ability to troubleshoot complex problems that come from end users that require research and new solutions
Must Have Skills
- Working Knowledge of IIS, Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012
- Experience with Serena SBM and VM.
- Understanding of Configuration Management concepts
Nice to Have Skills
- Experience in the development of test plans and test cases
- Experience working with relevant programming languages and relational databases
- Experience working with Oracle databases and basic SQL statements