- Audit existing site to identify areas of deficiency regarding both best practices as well as competitive analysis
- Monitor various SEO tools, both internal and third-party, to recommend SEO initiatives
- Optimize on-site content for maximum visibility and ranking in the major search engines; this includes HTML, site structure, as well as page layout and navigation considerations.
- Partner with IT and production teams to recommend changes to website architecture and to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented on newly developed code
- Ensure SEO optimizations (on-page and technical changes to TractorSupply.com) are current and evolving with the changing SEO landscape
- Continuously research industry trends to understand how SEO is impacted by site structure and platform enhancements and provide recommendations to optimize
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking, and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords
- Monitor, review, and update web site traffic reports.
- Present findings and translate complex ideas into simple recommendations to a non-technical audience
- Be an SEO thought leader
- Proofing assistance as needed
- May perform other duties as assigned
Experience: 5-10 years’ experience with technical SEO
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Marketing or related experience
Other knowledge, skills or abilities:
- Understanding of SEO processes & prioritization; strong knowledge of search engine algorithms and ranking strategies
- Self-motivated with the ability to handle multiple ongoing projects in a fast-paced team environment.
- Ability to work independently on projects and also collaborate as a strong team member.
- Ability to operate under pressure and meet or exceed deadlines.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Executive presence; a demonstrated ability to communicate and present effectively across all levels of highly matrixed organizations
- An action-oriented focus on quality output
- Highly proficient managing and leading crawl efficiency and crawl bloat initiatives
- Demonstrated proficiency with SEO tools such as Google Analytics, Search Console, search ranking tools, SEO crawlers, and crawl log tools
- Advanced or expert-level proficiency in Excel